• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Undue Stress caused by Company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Undue Stress caused by Company

I work in a large and well known company as a retention agent and have done so for a number of years. In the last few years the job has become very difficult. It is very target driven with about 15 targets to hit on a weekly basis but a massive focus on our save rate which is incentivised. The attrition and sickness levels are very high and lots of people including myself have been signed off work with anxiety related illnesses at some point. Recently it has been brought to light that there is a call routing process in place. We essentially have easy to hard / almost impossible to save scenarios and they have been routing the majority of the hardest calls to the most experienced advisors. No one including our line managers were told this but was driven at the higher levels. This has led to about 3 years of being told we are no longer performing in our roles, poor yearly reviews and small or no pay rises, a massive loss of bonus and a major impact on people's mental health. Documents have now surfaced that show expected save rates for advisors taking these types of calls that highlight individuals have actually been performing very well in difficult circumstances. Moving forward the company is going to continue using this call routing process as it gives an uplift of around 2% but they have said they will adjust targets accordingly for individuals. I feel incredibly angry that I have been put through years of mental anguish for a 2% uplift and the impact on my self confidence and self worth is irreversible. As the job got worse I looked for other career paths but I have felt so bad at my underperformance in my existing job that I just didn't have the confidence to make a move. I feel the trust in my employer has been broken and they have failed in their duty of care. Do I gave any legal grounds to look for loss of earnings?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X