• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter of Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter of Claim

Hello Fellow legalbeagles

I loaned my car to my son who has a form of autism & suffers from sever depression. Since than we have ignored 4 Parking Charge Notices on private land. None were appealed as we did not have facts and did not want to worry our son who was by than under medication and suffering after effects.
    We have received a Letter of Claim from BWlegal for their client UK Parking Patrol Office Ltd for balance due of £560. Adding interest, court fees & solicitors costs add up to a total of £740.

I am desperate to resolve this without involving my son but do not want to part with personal information to these companies.

Should I pay up or challenge as my son has been under exceptional stress resulting in these parking charges.

To be clear, I was not the driver in any of the 4 instances. I have been given 30 days to complete a Reply Form.

Happy to post pictures of sanitised letters if needed.

I would be very grateful for any advice on how to deal with this please.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Sandy1915; 26th July 2019, 14:00:PM.
    Tags: None

First thing is to amend your post so the identity of the driver of the vehicle cannot be inferred.

Secondly can you post up photo's of the Parking Charge notices you received

Thirdly acknowledge the claim to be defended, but at this stage do not enter a defence.

Meantime tagging ostell & charitynjw for you

Comment

Yes, will need thos PCNs suita ly redacted but leave dates. If you don't have them the a letter to BWL requesting copies of all the documents they intend to rely on in court in order to narrow the issues between you, as expected by the courts. By return if possible but at the outside within 7 days so you can prepare a defence. Then a SAR to UKPPO requesting all documents that they hold about you

Comment

Hello and thank you both for responding. I do not have copies for these PCNs anymore. Will send letter requesting documents to bwlegal & UKPPO as suggested by OSTELL.

Comment

You have identified the driver in your first post.
          Parking companies do read these threads so edit that post so the driver is not identifiable

Comment

Hello All, Thank you have edited the first post to a "person" and deleted the letters incase I had left any identification in it.
            As at 9th August, I have received no communication at all despite the 7 days having lapsed - as advised by OSTELL.
            I will keep you updated once I recieve more post.

Comment

Hello & thank you for your patience!
              Bwlegal have replied to my letter a mere 14 months later with details of PCNs. I attach redacted pictures. UK Parking Patrol Office responded to my SARs request within 30 days.
              Letter from bwlegal giving me 10 days to respond!
              Very grateful for your help & advice.

tagging ostell & charitynjw for you
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello All, Thank you have edited the first post to a "person" and deleted the letters incase I had left any identification in it.
                As at 9th August, I have received no communication at all despite the 7 days having lapsed - as advised by OSTELL.
                I will keep you updated once I recieve more post.

Comment

Hello & thank you for your patience!
                  Bwlegal have replied to my letter a mere 14 months later with details of PCNs. I attach redacted pictures. UK Parking Patrol Office responded to my SARs request within 30 days.
                  Letter from bwlegal giving me 10 days to respond!
                  Very grateful for your help & advice.

tagging ostell & charitynjw des8
                  Attached Files

Comment

those a re windscreen tickets aimed at the driver. You are the keeper. Where are the Notices to Keeper? Without them they can not hold you liable.

Comment

Thank you ostell for your response. Apologies for my mistake but I attach what I think are the Notices to Keeper. I have not attached the second side that details how to pay, useful info & transfer of liability which is common to all letters.
                      Not all bwlegal responses included pictures of notices although some do. To give me time, I have written back requesting the 'outstanding' info from my original letter dated over a year ago.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Those NTKs, unfortunately, look good. The only other option is the signs. Do they say, perhaps, "Permit Holders Only", ie a forbidding sign?

I can't see the total they are asking for but is this over and above the total of the PCNs?

Comment

In my letter, I asked for evidence of Signage and out of 4 letter replies, only one contains a picture of Warning Sign. The rest of the pictures are of the car alone with ticket on the screens.

Comment

Total requested is £560

Comment

Has any of the letters explained away the extra £160, such as calling it "initial legal costs"? You may persuade the judge that this is an abuse of process as legal costs are limited in small claims court.

As the keeper you can only be held liable for the cost on the PCN, plus the court cost.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X