• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

claim form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• claim form

hi. I received a claimant by Cabot Financial for a credit card debt, the sum of under £12,000. Issue date 19 Jul 2019.
    only got 14 days to response. what do you think I should do?
    Tags: None

First step is to acknowledge the claim, log in on Moneyclaim online and acknowledge with intent to defend in full - it's not binding - but gives you more time to look into the claim. ( Acknowledge Claim)

Other than that we'll need a bit more info.

This is a credit card debt - who was the original lender ?
    Did you know about it ? When was the last time you paid anything, and do you know when it defaulted ?
    Does it appear on your credit file ?
    Did you receive a letter before action ?

First Steps

Check dates

Acknowledge Claim

CCA Request

CPR 31.14 Request

Subject Access Request Letter
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Amethyst. thank You for responding to my post.
      in July 2015 I was away for over two years, came back on Aug 2017, had problems with ex wife, I was struggling looking for work and accommodation, I was lucky to find a minimum wage job and lodge with a friend we share the cost. during this time all my Banking details was lost among many others things. I did went to Lloyds bank to checked up on my accounts but they just cant find my details, during this time I do know from my daughter that lots of debt letters was posted to me at my ex address. I was just to stress to deal with it. until now, I know I had to face the fact that I owe money and I had to pay it back, I was searching for alternative, by chance I found LegalBeagles. You opened up my minds to see how debts are being handle by debt buyers in an unethical behavior. So I decided to defend my claim. I am not educated, that is why it took me so long to write this post I am totally ignorance in this maters and cant afford a consultant , I know I will be struggling but I am going to give it a tried.

Thank You LegalBeagles for what you are doing. I think you are awesome.

Received a claim: YES

Issue date: 19 JULY 2019

Have you acknowledged the claim?: yes (27. July. 2019

Total amount claimed: £12,000 (including court fees and legal representatives costs)

Claimants' name: Carbot Financial (uk) Ltd

Solicitors' firm: Mortimer Clarke Solicitors Ltd

Original creditor: Lloyds Bank

Original debt: Credit card

Particulars of claim: By an agreement between Lloyds Bank & the Defendant on or around 20/03/2001 ('the Agreement') Lloyds Bank agreed to issue the Defendant with a credit card. The Defendant failed to make the minimum payments due & the Agreement was terminated, the Agreement was assigned to the Claimant. THE CLAIMANT THEREFORE RE CLAIMS 10666.46 2. costs

Is the debt Statute Barred: I'm not sure, but don't think so???

List any letters you have sent: None recently - and don't remember last time I did

Any other information or background details: Can't remember last time I paid anything towards this debt or the debt collection agency (Cabot financial Ltd). last communicated with the original creditor (Lloyds Bank) June or July 2015

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X