• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Primark Shoplifting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primark Shoplifting

I was in Primark and I swapped a tag over on something so it would be cheaper. I got it for £10 when it was supposed to be £14 so really I only stole £4. However after being caught i paid the £4 meaning I was in no debt.

They took my name, number and address. What I am concerned about is if they will send a letter home. Please help.
    Tags: None

Hi and welcome

Did they mention to you, or give you a letter saying a civil recovery firm (RLP) will be in contact?
    If not, there is a chance it won't go any further.
    The chances of Primark themselves actually writing is zilch.

From the tone of your post it seems you still live at home with your parents.
    How old are you?

Comment

Probably but feel free to ignore

Comment

I am 18 but currently still living at home with my parents, I was not told that anything would be sent to me but I figured they would as they took my address down. I just dont know what to do.

Comment

Ok, you are not a child.
          Primark normally advise customers either verbally or more usually with a printed sheet that they will receive a letter from Retail Loss Prevention.

Generally it is advisable to tell parents, especially if they are likely to read your mail, to avoid the stress of keeping it secret while waiting out the series of letter.
          If you feel that is not possible to get your parents support, could you have your post redirected to a friend's address?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X