• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi I need some help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi I need some help

Hi there guys. I've come for some unbiased advice on quite a serious matter, and I'd be appreciative of any help
    Tags: None

Might get some response if you post up some details

Comment

It's a little sensitive. I've had a bit of an issue with sexual harassment in the place I work.

Comment

Accused of or victim of ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Victim of. But I'm not being taken seriously. What's happened seems like a small thing and in all reality it is, but I'm really annoyed by it, it was offensive towards me, and my concerns have been dismissed on the grounds of *it was only banter* and *oh you shouldn't dress that way then*
          but technically if I really want to dive into it I think I technically have a claim of sexual harassment

Comment

Ughhhh thought we ( as a society ) were getting better than that. Sod technically.

What sort of size company do you work for ? Who've you reported to and had that response from... and is there a formal complaint channel you can use to go over their head ?

for ref:

https://m.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=6078
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Well.
              The problem is I work in a small pub that's attached to a large brewery. Only a few staff, and we get on well with the regulars.
              I'm the assistant manager and take care of everything from staff, cellar, front of house etc. I reported it to my manager, who is the licensee of the pub.
              Now, I should point out here, I am rather...busty for want of a better word. I get comments about my chest all the time and honestly I've just tuned out most of it, I just laugh it off and it's all fine.
              But on this occasion I wasn't actually on rota for work, I was having a drink after work, and the staff member on was having difficulty ejecting a customer, so I went over to have a word and help, and he was eventually agreeing and saying yes fair enough I'll leave.
              That's when another customer, a regular who I actually considered a friend, turned around, started talking to the man we were trying to eject, and started commenting to him about my chest, to the point he told me he wanted to- now this is a direct quote - "put my head between those tits" and actually reached across towards them with his hands.
              Now he didn't get to finish, because my partner who had come to pick me up, practicality dived over me and snarled at him. He turned tail and bolted whilst I calmed my partner down.

So the next day, my boss has heard about this, and questions me about my partner attacking a customer. Then when I tell her why she defends him saying it was only banter and that I do wear nice clothes that flaunt my figure. I told her this didn't matter, he made me uncomfortable, he crossed a line, and actually undermined me when I was trying to diffuse a situation. But she wouldn't listen and basically made me out to be a diva, making a fuss over nothing.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X