• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Faulty car on finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faulty car on finance

So I bought a car from a dealership. Finance was provided on a hire agreement. The car turned out to be faulty which I notified the dealer of problems from day 2 and I notified the finance company also within the 30 days. The finance company provided me incorrect information saying I had to give the dealership a chance to repair the car. Now I told the dealership and they diagnosed the problem and found the issues. An inspection was then carried out by myself as the dealership told me to take it to a garage to get a full diagnosis. Turns out the car had a massive problems from the engine to oil leaks etc etc. Cost of repairs are potentially between 4k to 5k. Obviously the reports pictures videos and inspection report were all sent to the finance company and to the dealership. The dealership simply said they could not afford to pay it and it was agree that they would take the car back. Vehicle was handed back with no objections or refusal of delivery. Now the fianance company have been notified and they didn't refund me. They said they were doing some reports with the dealership and once completed I would progress further. The dealership and finance company are no longer communicating properly because the dealership refuses to release the car to the finance company for their own inspection. Basically behind my back the dealership has told the finance company that nothing is wrong with the car. Finance company want to confirm this but he is he refusing them access. I've told finance company when will I get my refund which is over 6k, I am also still paying the monthly installments, and they have said until they get their inspection done. He will not let them get the inspection done so it's all going round in circles. What do I do? Are the finance company not liable to pay me back based on the information and proof of inspection provided and the fact that dealership took the car back, also the dealership is no longer cooperating with them so shouldn't they just issue them with a bill to collect their own money back, afterall what other solution is there? How do I get something to happen? Any letter I need to Write? I have involved the financial ombudsman but that will take 8 weeks. The car was handed back over 4 months ago.
    Tags: None

Write to finance company giving brief details of purchase & rejection.
    Tell them they have 14 days to make a complete refund of all you have paid (including costs caused by their unacceptable delays).
    Failure to comply and you will initiate a court claim without further notice.
    Send letter first class, obtaining free certificate of posting from post office.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X