• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Any help would be appreciated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any help would be appreciated

So a few years ago I tried to claim ppi from black horse. I didn't hear anything back from them but received a letter from lowels advising me that a owed them around £230 from a littlwoods account. I opened a littlewoods account back in 2002 and gueninly had no idea about this apparent debt.

The letters and phone calls started and I blocked every number and threw away all the paperwork. I have never communicated with them in any way. Then the letter from the county court arrived. I filled in the defence stating that I had no knowledge of the alleged debt and as it was for an account from 2002 it is statute barred.

A letter has now arrived telling me that I am scheduled in November to go to the small claims court and I need to provide evidence and witnesses if necessary.

I have never communicated with lowels so I have e we asked for prove of the debt. Should I send them a letter asking for proof?

this is so stressing me out!!

can anyone help me?
    Tags: None

Not sure of the relevance of the Black Horse PPI claim attempt ? can you clarify that pls.

On Lowell - You have received a court claim, filed a defence, and returned directions questionnaires, and now have a hearing date notice and directions for filing and serving witness statements and evidence.

Could you give us the particulars of claim from the original claim form and what you put as your defence please.

If the account was opened in 2002, do you know when it closed / defaulted or was last paid - or do you simply not recognise it at all ?

Have you asked Lowell for more information at any point - or Littlewoods/shop direct at all ? (I think you're saying you haven't but just to check)

Is there anything showing on your credit file for the debt ?

You may have to amend your defence but seems daft for such a low amount claim, so engineering more information into your witness statement is likely to be the best way of addressing shortcomings in your defence ( if you literally said "
    no knowledge of the alleged debt and as it was for an account from 2002 it is statute barred" )
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY!

The reason that I mentioned the ppi claim was this is where lowells got my address.
      The littlewoods account was mine but I hadn't used it in years so they closed it and it now doesn't exist. I have never been in debt and if I knew about this I wouldn't be in this position now.

Reading other people's stories I came to the conclusion that if you speak to lowells, your admitting that the debt is your so I haven't contacted them at all.

The littlewoods account number is mine but I don't recall defaulting on any payments. I have a really good credit history.

Do I contact lowells and ask for proof and what do I write? Do I contact littlewoods to see if they have any information on my old account?

I will upload a picture of what I wrote in my defence.
      what I actually wrote is this

lowells are unable to send me proof that this debt is mine. The paperwork that I have been sent refers to an account from 2002. I have no knowledge of the alleged debt And as it has been over 6 years this alleged debt is statute barred as outlined on the limitations act 1980.

I wrote that lowels are unable to send me proof that the debt is mine. All they have is my customer number. Do I need to contact them for specific paperwork?

is this really going to get to the point where I have to go to court?

rubyredring.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X