• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello - New Member

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello - New Member

Hi, I’m a new member on the site and I’d like to say thanks for letting me be part of the forum.

I was looking for some advice regarding the recent voluntary termination of my vehicle as I’ve been hit with around £900 in excess charges (£318 excess mileage) and £576 in “damage fees”. I’m aware legally I do not have to pay the excess mileage fee although could someone please clarify what my best course of action is with the £576 in damage fees? I’ve already had a couple of letters from the finance company demanding the £900 ASAP. Up to this point I have not responded to there letters.

Tags: None

Have they defined the "Damage Fees" ?

Comment

Not responding will only inflame the issue, so you are best corresponding and putting your point across.

Read the VT guide in my signature below, there is some guidance on how to respond to to problems like these (see section 6).
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi Ostell Thanks for the responding. The damage fees aren’t specified in the invoice it’s just listed under damage fees but I know from the day they collected the car £300 of these fees was for 1 new tyre which is ridiculous as only 2 months before that I purchased 3 new tyres at roughly £90 each.

Also thanks for responding Rob, I did consider replying using some sort of pre written template but have ignored them so far however as you say this could only make things worse so I’ll definitely have a look through the guide you’ve provided any help is much appreciated.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X