• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Family Court Controlling Ex Partner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Court Controlling Ex Partner

Hello,

I have had to stop my children (2 young boys) from seeing their Father which is the last thing i ever want to do but i have had no choice.
    My childrens fathers new girlfriend contacted me to tell me she found a phone in his car which was used for drug dealing. The txt message also stated that he had drugs hidden underneath his bed in his bedroom at his mothers house where the children sleep. She ended it with him but felt she had to tell me as he is getting out of control. He is fighting people all the time and has people looking for him.
    I contacted the police and told them about the drugs and they just passed it onto intelligence. I have not told my ex partner what his girlfriend has told me as she is worried he will go mad at her which i can fully understand. He is a nasty man and a bully. He was controlling all throughout our 9 year relationship and i finally managed to get out. I allowed him to see the children once a weekend as the boys love their dad and didn't want to confuse them by stopping them seeing him. We separated a year and a half ago. My ex partner has filed for court and saying i have broken a court order by stopping him seeing his children which i have but i have used the excuse that it's because of the constant abuse..which he sends me all the time. He calls me names etc. via email and have used this as an excuse for me to keep him away from the boys as i dont feel he is in the right frame of mind to look after his children whilst he is this angry. But obviously the main reason i am doing it is because of what his girlfriend told me. I have screen shot the messages she sent about everything he has done but my worry is when i go to court and tell them this i am putting myself and his girlfriend is danger..she has begged me not to tell anyone she has a son of her own and she doesnt want him going mad at her.
    He has stated on the court papers that he wants zero contact between myself and him and for set days to be put in place with no changes no matter what circumstances which is impossible anyway with two young children with very busy lives..sometimes times need to be changed so thats just impossible. There is no way of a third contact as he is abusive to everyone, we have tried this before! His parents are awful to me aswell and agree with the way he treats me. He's been brought up to control women like his Dad does him Mother.

Since stopping contact he managed to call my son and shout down the phone at him that i am stopping him seeing them. He is making my life hell. The police wont do anything.
    Am i able to tell the court about the drugs without letting him know who told me?
    Will court agree to no contact whatsoever in regards to the children?
    I do not want him alone with my children until i have proof that he is not involved with drugs and fighting. His parents encourage it so i can't ask for them to be present either.

Can anybody give me any kind of advice? or has anyone been though similar?
    Help would be so much appreciated
    Tags: None

You MUST obey the Order of the court. You have chosen not to do so. That will certainly go against you. The children's other parent has now applied to the court for a contact Order, and has made it clear that he does not want any contact with you.

If you wish to oppose that application, you will have to come up with cogent evidence. It seems from your writing, that what you have got in the way of evidence, is no more than gossip. The court will want much more than that, to grant a "No Contact" Order.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X