• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Together Energy (Scotland)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Together Energy (Scotland)

I have been in dispute with Together Energy since January. I was forced to go with them when OFGEM put me with them due to OneSelect going bust. They inherited £137 from OneSelect. I was not happy with them and tried to leave. They repeatedly blocked my transfer. I have been to the Energy Ombudsman who found in my favour and they were told to pay the money back plus send me my final bill and apology. This had to be by 31st May. They failed to do this and a new case was opened on 1st June. Energy Ombudsman are still not playing ball. I thought of taking them to the small claims court in York. Having looked at the internet complaints about Energy Ombudsman, I have discovered that because they are in Scotland the legal system has now power over them or at least that is what I think they have said.

This is what I read
    -----------------------
    The Ombudsman will do what Ombudsmen generally do when their judgements are ignored - they'll open a new case about the failure to deal with the previous one, which earns them another fee (assuming that Together will ever pay them...).

Because the defendant is in Scotland, the Money Claim Online site will not let a claim be submitted. However, as a consumer, one has the right to sue a Scottish defendant in one's local county court.

This is done by filling in form N1 (easily found online, as well as guidance for how to complete it) in duplicate, along with a cheque for the court fees *and form N510 which permits service on an out-of-jurisdiction defendant*. Form N510 is a little bit daunting but the correct box to tick for a Scottish defendant is in part 2, "In proceedings to which CPR 6.32(2) applies the statement is".

What the hell do I do. I can't sue OFGEM although I feel I should as they put me their. Is it possible to sue them?

You can see nore at https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com....php?t=5959740
    Tags: None

Your contract with Together Energy will say that if you are a consumer in England and Wales, jurisdiction is England. DO check that.

Comment

Hello,

Do as the website suggests. You can obtain a judgment in England, which following another process, can subsequently be enforced in Scotland. From what I have seen elsewhere, however, Together Energy will act quickly upon receipt of legal papers.
      ----- DISCLAIMER -----

I am a former trainee Sheriff Officer who became disillusioned with the Scottish legal system so left the industry. I will offer insights from my first-hand experience, but *I am not a legal professional and you should always seek independent legal advice before acting on anything I say*.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X