• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi all you intelligent ones!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all you intelligent ones!

I have just joined up to this forum via a recommendation from a friend and I hope some of you may be-able to help....

I am trying to complete the N180 form and have found lots of guidance notes, but haven't seen a completed form as an aid. With regards to the parts A onwards...I think i'm ok. Can someone please advice me on what I put in the little box in the top left hand corner..'To be completed by, or on behalf of'? Do I just put my details and claimant or mine and the defendants names? (who is 1st/2nd/3rd)?

Doing this on my own and first time so would like to make sure that it is all correct before posting.

Also do I send a completed copy to the defendants separately or to the courts with a copy for them to forward to the defendants?

Lastly, if I don't know at present if I can get witness or unsure who will be attending court with yet..What should I put in D2 and D3?

Sorry for all the questions!

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance xxxxxxxx
    Tags: n180

It really depends on the case so to help properly we might need a bit of background.... however, top left is your name, and cross out everything except ' defendant ' ( assuming you're the defendant ) if you're the only defendant you can just cross out 1/2/3 ... did you receive the form from the court as that is usually completed for you? If you're the claimant, and the only claimant, again cross out all except ' Claimant '. Part 20 Claimant is for a defendant making a counterclaim.

In witnesses - depends on the case - but normally just put 1 - as you are your own witness .... unless you have other witnesses (who will write witness statements and take part in proceedings )

D2 - do you need an expert ? do you have an expert report ? Normally that's a No - for consumer credit claims anyway - if you were in a planning dispute it might be yes if you needed an expert report on the boundary etc.

You send a copy to the other side separately - ie. you send a copy to the court ( FILE ) and a copy to the other side ( SERVE ).
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

THANK YOU

Comment

Just a quick update, the defendant, after realising that I was taking them to court finally agreed to ADR, but the courts have got back to me that they not going to go along the lines of ADR..I'm assuming this is because the defendant had already refused that option twice and it has now been referred directly to my local court. Thanks again for your advice on filling in my form.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X