• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Primark shoplifting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primark shoplifting

Hi everyone..

i know it was silly and I’ve definitelh learnt my lesson. Me and my friend went to primark last month and we got caught shoplifting. We walked out of the store and barely took two steps and the security guard called us back in. We got taken into a back room and he searched all of our bags. He even took things we had proof of purchases for. All of the goods were returned (in a saleable condition).

The security guard took pictures of me and my friend. The police were called but no cautions were given. We weren’t arrested either. The police came, made remarks about thieving and left. They told us if we got caught shoplifting again, we would be arrested.

Prinark security told us to expect a fine. Today me and my friend received the fine letters but they are extorniate. We both received two fines, one of £190 and the other of £156. The letter states we are jointly responsible and they are not bothered about who pays what as long as both the fines are paid in full. Each fine is on a separate letter. I’ve never heard of this before? Two fines for one crime? And we are both equally liable for the fines. The fines are from RLP.

Please can anyone advise me regarding this? if I don’t pay the fines will they show up on my credit rating? And will I get a criminals record?
    Tags: None

Sorry. Typing error. One fine of £191. And the other of £256

Comment

Ignore RLP completely. They are not fines. RLP have no legal authority to issue fines. If they are calling them fines then they are seriously misrepresenting their position. They say they are trying to recover their losses because of the incident but their has been no loss as RLP would have been paid even if you had not lifted some items and the goods were recovered, therefore no loss at all. You will find copies of all the RLP letters you will be receiving on this forum.

If they kept items that you had receipts for then they themselves are guilty of theft. This would not be the first time they have done that.

RLP did try court a few years ago and go so thoroughly spanked by the judge that they have never tried again since. Look for RLP Oxford case.

P.S. There is an Edit function that allows you to modify a post. It's in the blue line at the bottom of your post.

Comment

Thank you. Do you know if it can affect my credit rating?

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger23 View Post
          Thank you. Do you know if it can affect my credit rating?
          No - Not at all ,they are just trying it on .Relax .

Comment

Yep, they are just chancers who hope that their SCARY BIG RED WRITING will fool you into thinking that they actually have some authority.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X