• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ From a couple of years ago sent to incorrect address

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ From a couple of years ago sent to incorrect address

Just found out I have a CCJ on my credit file, that was issued to an incorrect address. I rang up the county court in Northampton to find out what it relates to a few weeks back, and they say it was issued by a company called Arrow Global, and it was in regards to an overdraft account I had with HSBC (I never updated them with new addresses since I stopped using the account).

I've tried contacting HSBC to see if I can get old copies of transactions/charges applied to the account, but so far they've given me the run about (and the amount they say I owe is quite a lot more than my overdraft limit). They said they'd send me the bank charges that were applied to the account, but they never posted them to me, then they told me to go to my local branch, then they told me to contact Arrow Global (who told me to contact Drydenfairfax Solicitors, who I so far haven't been able to reach).

So yesterday I've written to HSBC for a Data Subject Access Request.

The CCJ was issued in July 2017.

HSBC say my account was closed in July 2012 (although I think it was quite a while before this I stopped using the account)

Will it be possible to reclaim old bank charges, if I can find out what these charges are? I was in a constant cycle of debt at the time, and was constantly being charged for going over my overdraft, so stopped using the account

Could the debt even be statute barred? Could I apply to have this set aside?

Should I request a Subject Access Request from Arrow Global and Drydenfairfax Solicitors too?

Many Thanks!

Tags: None

Anyone?

Comment

Could I apply to have this set aside?
      Best bet is to write to the Claimant (now known as the Judgment Creditor) to ask for consent for a set-aside.
      It costs £100 with consent, but £255 for an application without consent.

But before you do so, why did they send to the wrong address?
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post

Best bet is to write to the Claimant (now known as the Judgment Creditor) to ask for consent for a set-aside.
        It costs £100 with consent, but £255 for an application without consent.

But before you do so, why did they send to the wrong address?
        Thanks, do I need to write to the company that made the CCJ (even if they're no longer handling the debt?

They sent the CCJ to an address that I'd never given HSBC, it was an address that I lived at after the account was closed, but I was no longer there at the time of the CCJ. I'd been living at a another address for quite some time. I can prove this with council tax records. I never updated HSBC with new addresses though once I stopped using the account.

Also, I requested a data subject access request from HSBC about a week ago. They've acknowledged they've got it, but should I send the same requests to the debts companies too? Might be interesting to see what I unearth?

Comment

You should write to the (then) Claimant who was stated on the original claim &/or was on the default judgment.
          You can obtain some details from Trust Online
          Also contact whichever court gave the default judgment for further details. (Trust Online should give the relevant court.)
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X