• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mr D

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr D

Hello All,

i have been persued by these carpark goons for the past few month, which has bought me over here to seek help and advice. A few months ago I parked in a NCP car park and I payed at the machine for an hours stay, I came back before my time and carried on with my life. A week or so later I had a letter down my house with photos of my car entering and leaving the car park and demanding a charge for parking without pay. I did read on online forums about ignoring them and that’s what I have been doing until the c.court claim letter came through. Now am stressed because I have not got my ticket for an hour stay, but I am 100% sure that I payed at the machine and entered my reg. I understand quite a few people are in the same position as me after reading some of the post. I am hoping to get some advice to sort this very unnecessary inconvenience out.
    Tags: None

Originally posted by Sdavid View Post
    Hello All,

i have been persued by these carpark goons for the past few month, which has bought me over here to seek help and advice. A few months ago the driver parked in a NCP car park and paid at the machine for an hours stay, The driver came back before time and carried on with life. A week or so later I had a letter down my house with photos of the car entering and leaving the car park and demanding a charge for parking without pay. I did read on online forums about ignoring them and that’s what I have been doing until the c.court claim letter came through. Now am stressed because the ticket for an hour stay [has probably been binned?], but I am 100% sure that the driver paid at the machine and entered the vehicle reg. I understand quite a few people are in the same position as me after reading some of the post. I am hoping to get some advice to sort this very unnecessary inconvenience out.
    Hi & welcome to LB.

First & foremost, have you acknowledged the claim?
    https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ledge-a-claim/
    Last edited by charitynjw; 30th May 2019, 11:25:AM.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi

Am in the process of acknowledging the claim I will be sending the letter off today.

Comment

Edit your post so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred. And perhaps Charity will as well. Use "the driver ......" etc. If you still have the original PCN then post up a redacted copy but leave the dates. NCP do make mistakes in their NTKs and so would be unable to hold the keeper liable.

The claim form has details and a password to acknowledge the claim online. Put nothing in the Defence. This gives you 33 days from the date of issue to get your defence to the court.

Letter to the solicitor handling the case demanding all the documentation they intend to rely on in court, in order to narrow the issues between you. OR NCP if no solicitor involved. SAR to NCP for all they hold about you and a copy of the VRMs recorded that day about the time the driver entered and particularly all entries on that list that do not have a corresponding ANPR entry.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X