• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hellpppp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hellpppp

Hi guys so today being a Bank Holiday I had a bailiff turn up with his wife sat in the vehicle. He waited outside the premises for over an hour an then proceeded to put a sticker on my car informing me of immobilisation. My car is motability I'm pregnant an also have M. E. so I'm disabled. I didn't think they could put stickers on a motability car as I don't own it, or turn up on a bank holiday any help appreciated. Tired of being bullied now
    Tags: None

Originally posted by Katalia View Post
    Hi guys so today being a Bank Holiday I had a bailiff turn up with his wife sat in the vehicle. He waited outside the premises for over an hour an then proceeded to put a sticker on my car informing me of immobilisation. My car is motability I'm pregnant an also have M. E. so I'm disabled. I didn't think they could put stickers on a motability car as I don't own it, or turn up on a bank holiday any help appreciated. Tired of being bullied now
    What was the bailiff collecting for ?

Comment

Bailiffs can’t clamp or remove your vehicle if you can prove:
      • it has a valid Blue Badge or is a motability vehicle
      • you need it for your job and it’s worth less than £1,350
      • it's also your home - for example a camper van
      You can be vulnerable in lots of different situations, for example if:
      • you’re disabled
      • you’re seriously ill
      • you have mental health problems
      • you have children or are pregnant - especially if you’re a single parent
      • your age makes it hard for you to deal with bailiffs - usually if you’re under 18 or over 65
      • you don’t speak or read English well

You can also be classed as vulnerable if you’ve been through recent stressful or emotional circumstances. For example becoming unemployed, being a victim of crime, or having someone close to you die.

Tell the bailiffs if you’re a carer, relative or friend acting for someone vulnerable who has a debt. Explain the person’s vulnerability and the bailiffs should be willing to talk to you instead.

Mention if you have any legal right to act for the vulnerable person, such as powers of attorney.

Comment

Currently I'm pregnant have M. E. my blue badge is displayed but the bailiff didn't care. Still put an immobilisation sign on my motability car. You can't even see out of the window. If they have run checks on the car it will come up registered as motability so why do I need to prove its motability? The blue badge an everything they got from the reg check should show them. Well I guess if they do take it motability will be calling the old bill on them. I read on one of the posts that a young lady like myself they took her car an the bailiff lost his license as its motability xx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X