• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking penalty charge now at court action

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking penalty charge now at court action

Hi,

I received a parking ticket for parking for 14 minutes in a private car park. I lived in this town for over 10 years and the machines for this car park have constantly been out of order. I return back to this town for one day after moving away last year and park in the same place (pretty empty at the time) and received a letter in the post for a parking ticket. However, unless I was completely oblivious, I did not notice any obvious signs of payment. I know this is not a brilliant excuse but this unfortunately is all I have to go on. They have a photo of me arriving and leaving with a 14 minute gap in between.

The companies who have been in contact with me is DRP, Zenith and now Gladstones Solicitors who have all given me chances to pay the £170 fine or "I could face court action". I've been told by numerous people to ignore every letter but it's almost been a year now and they're still sending them.

I feel like it's gone too far now to appeal and I'm unsure of what to do.

Is anyone able to give me some advice please?

It is not a penalty, it is a mere invoice for a payment you agreed to make if you breached any of the conditions of the parking contract. The contract you agreed to by reading the signs and parking.

They will continue to send them, with even more threats. DRP, as a mere debt collector, can be ignored. Zenith is a trading name of DRP, read the small print in the footing of the letter. In Gladstone's letter who are they asking you to pay? It wouldn't be DRP by any chance? DRP borrow letterheads. Gave you received a letter before claim or a claim form from Northampton?

Who issued the charge? Can you post up the redacted PCN, leaving the dates. Some photos of the signs would be helpful

Edit your first post so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred. You are the keeper. Use "the driver........."etc

You never ignore the original PCN that arrives from the parking company but you ignore debt collectors. Never to late to appeal to the parking company.

Comment

As ostell says

Originally posted by ostell View Post

Edit your first post so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred. You are the keeper. Use "the driver........."etc

You never ignore the original PCN that arrives from the parking company but you ignore debt collectors. Never to late to appeal to the parking company.

15. Grace Periods
      15.1 Drivers should be allowed a sufficient amount of time to park and read any signs so they may make an informed decision as to whether or not to remain on the site.
      15.2 Drivers must be allowed a minimum period of 10 minutes to leave a site after a pre-paid or permitted period of parking has expired.
      15.3 The reference to 10 minutes in 15.2 above shall not apply where the period of pre-paid or permitted parking does not exceed 1 hour providing that the signage on the site makes it clear to the motorist, in a prominent font, that no grace period applies on that land.
      https://theipc.info/uploads/-imXk-gE...une%202017.pdf
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X