• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Ticket 1 Didget Out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Ticket 1 Didget Out

Hi im hoping for some help!I have been given a parking ticket in the last week or so for not (parking in a bay) as it says! But I was just parked on the side of the private road for 1 where the yellow lines have worn away to nothing and was only 10 min if that while I got some lunch from the shop!
    Anyway besides all that I decided I would pay the ticket and just move on.So I entered the ticket no and reg on the ticket I have and it would go through kept saying cant find or don't recognise this no,so I double checked carefully entering all the numbers and car reg and still nothing.
    So I decided to pay over the phone entering my ticket number it repeated it back to me and then told me the registration which they have as D1G #### and not DIG #### So realising they have made a mistake I ended the call and looked carefully at my ticket and it does have a 1 instead of the I
    So now im thinking well surely this is now there fault and why should I pay for that hence why im here for a little help etc.
    Tags: None

So edit your post so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred. Use "the driver........." etc. You are handling this as the keeper.

As they do not have the details of the driver then at some time they will have to apply to the DVLA for the keeper's details to try and claim from the keeper for the misbehaviour of the driver. If they can't get the details because the VRM doesn't exist they will then look at their paperwork and realise they have made an error and try with the correct number. If the Notice to Driver (the windscreen ticket) doesn't agree with the Notice to Keeper that arrives in the post then they have lost because the details on both tickets have to be the same to be able to claim under schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (POFA) that the keeper can be held liable.

When/if you get that NTK then post it up, suitably redacted, but leave the dates.. It may also help to get photos of the signs, both the locations and in detail and where the driver parked, just for future use.

They will try many tricks to get round the problem they have, such as reissuing and amended NTD but that is not allowed for the purpose of POFA.

Comment

I've ecently received a ticket for parking on derelict land, I would have thought that on a private road with no real markings you would be in the same boat too but here we are both with tickets, I'm not sure whether to ignore my fine as it seems iffy. Are you going to fight it?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X