• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Scottish Power/Scottish Power Networks (SP Energy Networks)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottish Power/Scottish Power Networks (SP Energy Networks)

Firstly, Hello from Scotland.
    I am having Major issues with Scottish Power which I will detail a breifly as possible.

I have recently spent circa £10k with SP Energy Networks to install 2 new 3 phase power supplies to my business premises on 14/02/19.
    To date I have been unable to get Scottish Power to install 3 phase electricity meters rendering the new supplies "not fit for purpose" as the electricity supply cannot be used
    without meters.
    I have had 3 meter install appointments arranged and nobody bothered to turn up or inform me that the appointments were cancelled.

I have complained to SP Energy Networks and they are taking no responsibility as the meter install is the responsibilty of a different department although my argument
    would be that they must shoulder some of the responsibility as they are the people that were paid to install the supply that cannot be used.

I also complained to Scottish Power that have told me that they do not have any 3 phase meters to provide due to the roll out of smart meters and they cannot give me
    a date when they will have more meters in stock. They have sent me a deadlock letter enabling me to complain to the ombudsman.

I have complained to the ombudsman and I have has a phone call from Scottish Power telling me the same as before and offering me £75 compensation for the missed appointments.

I have completely run out of patience now and do not know what to do next. I have refurbishment work going on and it is critical that I now have an active electricity supply otherwise
    this whole project could bankrupt me.

Please help...........
    Tags: None

I am in difficulty with the information you provide.

What is the full name of the company of the energy supplier? – it should be on the contract.

What is the full name of the network provider that you spent 10 k with – it should be on the contract.

If it turns out that these are two separate legal entities, and there is no term in both contracts requiring them to collaborate, to achieve your purpose – a working electricity supply, then your focus can only be against the supplier tasked with the installation of the meters who has not performed that.

I am going to assume that SP is an energy supplier and that there was a contract between you and it, for the supply of electricity and the supply of a meter whose purpose is to make payment to it of the electricity consumed. I am also going to assume that as SP made 3 appointments with you to fit those meters,you believed that it was able to do so because it had the meters in stock to fit.

It now says that it has no meters in stock and does not know when it will have meters in stock.

That, in the circumstances, seems to me to beg the question, which is what has happened to the meters that you did have in stock, when you made each of the three appointments aimed at fitting them, appointments that you did not keep, and gave no explanation for failing to keep those appointments.

What to do? You could apply to the court for an order of specific performance, by X date, coupled with an Order that SP is responsible for damages including consequential loss, running from the date of the first appointment. You could state to SP that as it has repudiated the contract you now accept that repudiation and sue for damages, and get another supplies in ASAP, so you can get your site up and running.

As this is Scots law, my terminology may be wrong. I do advise that you get advice from a Scottish Law practitioner.

Comment

The name of the company is Scottish Power. SP energy networks are a part of Scottish Power that deal with the network and installation
      of new supplies etc. For example if their is a power cut due to a fault then its SP energy networks that deals with it in this part of the country.
      (aka Scottish Power Networks or SPN)

I needed new 3 phase supplies and was directed to SPN and they are the ones that charged me the money to install the new supply. (they had to dig the road and put in traffic controls etc to do so.

Once the supplies were installed I had to appoint a supplier that would then come and install meters, I contacted Scottish Power assuming it would be easier as they are part of the same company.
      They arranged 3 appointments which the did not keep and never bothered to call me to cancel. Upon complaining I was told the appoinments are not being kept due to them not having and 3 phase meters in stock and I should ignore any further appointments.

Upon complaining to the ombudsman they have offered me £75 compensation for the missed appointments and asked me to go elsewhere as they do not have any 3 phase meters and cannot give me a date. I contacted a business energy "price comparison" company (Make it Cheaper) who were going to place me with EON but have now informed me that they do not have any meters either.

My arguement is very simple. Scottish Power networks have installed 2 new supplies which are not fit for purpose as they cannot provide meters so that I can make use of those supplies.

SPN have said Scottish Power Metering are responsible for this and they have no control over them.

I just want the issue sorted and meters installed ASAP.!!

Comment

[QUOTE=

I just want the issue sorted and meters installed ASAP.!!

[/QUOTE]

You may have come to the wrong place - the law is slooow.

I think you may have confused two separate companies, albeit that they are, or may be part of the same group of companies. I don't have the energy to research that on the internet. You can establish that far more quickly, by, as I mentioned, looking at the contracts and then you will know the firm to focus your energies on.

Sorry I cannot be more helpful - perhaps, others might have better suggestions. There is one small thing - if a number of different threads appear, with essentially the same question, responders cannot build on another responder's advice. Stick to "one thread, one subject".

Comment

Scottish Power, Scottish Power Networks and the metering side may well indeed separate companies as I understand it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X