• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

advice needed please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice needed please

Hi everyone, I am not sure if this is the correct forum to ask. I appreciate any advice on one issue which annoys me a lot. I'm an expert in certain area. A journalist from a major broadcaster contacted me using her official email address and explicitly invited me to participate in a video recording. To prepare for it, I was asked to answer a list of questions which require extensive expertise. The journalist also promised to discuss it with me. I've made a lot of effort to answer the questions and replied the journalist with the answer on time. But the journalist never came back to me.

I felt this behaviour is completely unacceptable. I submitted an official complaint about this journalist to the broadcaster using the official complaint procedure. After a long wait, the complaint department replied me that it’s the best practice to keep me informed about the development. They have informed the journalist’s manager and the manager would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I still feel very annoyed. The apology is not sincere. I think the behaviour is much worse than not keeping me informed about the development as said in their reply. Also the reply from the broadcaster didn’t mention that the journalist would like to apologise for it.

I am thinking about escalating the case. Is that worth and possible to take legal action or ask for financial compensation? What type of law is related to this kind of issues? Thanks a lot for any advice.

Tags: None

Hi

Was there any formal contract (written, or verbal that can be verified), or any promises made which have been broken & which you have relied upon to your detriment?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

no contract usually amounts to "Hearsay"? - recording?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X