• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntarily Terminate / Surrrender

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntarily Terminate / Surrrender

I have recentlyVT my car. The company have now said it has been changed to VS as car was not roadworthy. This is incorrect and i have disputed this and asked for evidence as no reports or inspections were made on collection with me being present . The recovery company just came and collected it.. Where do i stand with this as i have written to them and disputed it ? Are they actually allowed to do that ?

I paid over 50% of the agrement and wrote to the finace company making it clear theat it was a Voluntarily Termination using the LB template letter at the time .
    It has been over month now and the vehicle is with the auction . The finace company say i will owe the remainder of the sale at auction . Surely this is wrong and cannot be enforced ?

Can someone please advise as this is quite worrying .

Tags: None

Who is the company? Did they tell you this in writing or over the telephone? If over the telephone have you got a recording of the call?

The short answer is that they cannot unilaterally change a VT to a VS.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X