• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Morphine - (scotland)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morphine - (scotland)

I found a bottle of morphine in my daughters possession. It had been prescribed to someone else. This person "gave" it to my daughter. I know it is a restricted drug. I have a text message that informed me that the morphine had been passed to my daughter from this person. Basically the text message said " I gave her it" !! Obviously I am horrified finding out my daughter had this in her possession and secondly that I have this text message that this person had indeed passed it to my daughter for her use. How does the law stand with this.
    Tags: None

Hi,
    What a worry for you. How old is your daughter?
    Do you think she was going to take the morphine herself or try and sell it? Does she have any drug issues? It sounds like you both need some help and need to establish what her intentions were before possibly trying to get her some help if it was for her own use or consider reporting this other person if she is underage, maybe?
    Morphine is a controlled drug so there may be legal ramifications here. I’m not knowledgable on Scottish law I’m afraid, but there may be someone along with more ideas.

I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.

Comment

My daughter is 18 and it was my sister aged 30 who gave her it.. It was for pain relief !!!!!!!! The morphine I believe is my mothers.(prescribed) They will deny all knowledge of it being in my daughters possession. My daughter has no history of drug use ( so far ). I have a family who will NOT back me up on this issue. and I know it will just end up in a massive argument with no positive outcome. I am shocked as to how irresponsible they have been with this morphine. I suppose I am trying to defend my daughter from getting access to further morphine for her period pains !!! With such a volatile family it wont end well. So what options do I have that will keep my daughter safe and anyone else for that matter.

Comment

Hi again,
        Feel for you it is a really tough situation. I suppose all you can do is try and speak to your daughter about her health issues and encourage her to get some proper medical advice on this. From a medical point of view I can assure you morphine would not be prescribed for this issue as I’m sure you know already. She obviously is suffering with her periods but all you can do is encourage her to seek qualified medical help, rather than self medicating.
        You know morphine is a controlled drug, maybe agree not to take this further but if found again you have no choice but to report them? Of course it is up to you if you report it but the threat may make them think twice about trying this again?
        I’m not a counsellor and wouldn’t encourage anyone to knowingly break the law, the decision is of course yours but I imagine your daughter is your main concern here, so maybe focusing on getting her some help is your priority?

I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

Comment

thank you for both your understanding and help. Now I know a little bit more on the subject I can have a more educated conversation with my daughter about self medicating !

Comment

Hope things get straightened out for you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X