• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VT - Advantage Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VT - Advantage Finance

Good afternoon,

Yesterday, I have decided to VT my finance with Advantage. I have used the templates provided from this site with a small amendment to the second letter. As suspected, they are trying to charge me for collection of the vehicle which I have repeatedly stated, I am not liable for these and that I will not be paying them, My questions are:

1. As there is a small amount owing from missing one payment, I presume I am liable to pay this despite having paid more than 50% of the total monies borrowed?
    2. I am going to cancel my DD with the bank - Is this correct as I take it I have covered my obligation to pay 50% of the total monies borrowed.
    3. When the agent contacts me and makes an appointment DO NOT sign any documentation even if he insists.
    4. Can I ask them to sign anything in return - If so, any advice on the wording?
    5. They are stating that "Under the CCA 1974, under a Voluntary Termination any arrears or charges are payable" is this correct?

I look forward to some helpful advice in taking on this very daunting journey but, I feel strong and will challenge them all the way to the bitter end.

Thank you.

P.S. rob I hope you can help?
    Tags: None

If at the time of you exercising your VT right there was an outstanding amount, I would say that Advantage would be entitled to receive payment for it.

Just like you aren't required to sign any documentation, neither are Advantage. You could ask the agent to sign a form to say they have collected the car but it depends what you are wanting them to sign.

Not sure the context of question 5. Does it relate to the outstanding payment they claim is owed, or it might suggest they refer to excess mileage charges as being in arrears together with the collection charge which is rubbish.

If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X