• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Received a money claim from an ex-partner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received a money claim from an ex-partner

Hi all,

I have received a money claim from a woman I was involved with on a casual basis, claiming I owe her £1400.

She has threatened to take me to court for months over this. The 'debt' is made up of meals out, gifts and flights which she bought me during our time together: none of these things were agreed as a loan. In one of our final meetings, she took my final £20 out of my wallet and kept hold of it until I agreed to sign a piece of paper with the list of things I apparently owed her. I signed it as I was drunk at the time and just wanted rid of this woman. I'm worried this will now come back to haunt me but surely it is an example of coercion and not binding?

Once things turned sour and I refused to speak with her any more, she began and is still harassing me. She sends over 20 emails a day, has tracked down my family and friends and sent them messages and turned up at my ex-partner's house to track me down. I think she is a dangerous and unpredictable woman and it is sending me into a deep depression. I do not want a CCJ on my credit file, but at the same time, I do not feel I owe her the money. How do you think I should proceed?

Feeling overwhelmed and any help greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

If she is harassing you then a complaint to the police.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X