• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ letter for debt 2003 no documentation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ letter for debt 2003 no documentation

Hi all

my father received a N1SDT claim form from county court for a debt he does not know about. I entered a defence stating my dad was not aware of this debt until 2 days prior to receiving court documentation and that he does not admit the debt and its statue barred. He received a letter from court stating they (debt company Lowell) are defending the claim and to complete N180. My father and I rand Lowell on Friday spoke with a lady who was extremely rude and unhelpful when I asked for documentation on this debt that my dad does not know what it is etc. She stated they have all documents and was reading various letters my dad had received I said that he does not know what this debt is and that we need documentation and she said their legal team would send out but couldn't give me a date. I stated statue barred and she laughed and said you need to speak to whoever is feeding you with statue barred cos it's not from date of last payments it's from dates we sent letters and when I was trying to explain we have no documentation she would speak over me and kept repeating her self. Basically I contacted the court - Northampton and they said the N180 needs to be in by 9th April and gave me an email address. Should I write to Lowell and state I want/need more information for our defence.

thank you all for your time in reading and responding
    Tags: None

Its statute barred send off a subject acess request to the company and check all the information.

Comment

Thank you Sloane82. Should I also attach a statue barred letter as well?

Comment

What I would do is send off for a subject acess request to Halifax, send a letter to Lowell stating under the statute limitations act 1980 the debt is statute barred any further corresponding letters will be sent via legal representation I will be seeking legal action if any further action happens contact the financial ombudsman and make a complaint to Lowell and contact the FOS any questions feel free to ask.

Comment

I am sending the completed N180 form via email to
          Northampton county court business centre ccbc@justice.gov.uk and copying Lowell solicitors courtenq@lowellsolicitors.co.uk. I am also sending recorded delivery tomorrow so the receive by deadline 9th April.

shall I also attached a subject access request letter to Lowell solicitors and send recorded delivery and leave the statue barred letter?

Due i.e. to the deadline and not being aware of how to deal with this once the courts have been notified of their intentions I'm a little lost as to deal with this for my dad correctly. Thank you sloane82

Comment

Please ignore my previous message sloane82 I got confused. Should I not send the letter to Lowell for the subject access request or shop direct - who they claim the debt is owed to.

Comment

That's ok send a subject acess request for 10 pounds cheque to the halifax bank regarding the account, and write a letter to Lowell with the account is now statute barred under the statute limitation act 1980 any further harrassment or action you will seek legal action and claim for compensation for the problems that have happened.

Comment

There's no charge for a SAR anymore Sloane xxx
                https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/
                or if you go on Shop Direct's website and look at the privacy policy section they usually have a direct email or form to use

Now, N180 is the directions questionnaire so had your dad entered a defence to the claim already ?

Statute barred would run from either the date of default or last payment /acknowledgement if later. The SAR should give you that date. Dies anything show on your dads credit file at all , or did the letter of claim or the particulars of claim state a default date ?

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Cheers Amethyst can you help with my cases also please.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X