• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Threatened with court after I gave bad trustpilot review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started this thread mostly because of the threat from the unless enforcement firm. (if you are good at cryptic clues- 'Not day, wily chicken killer' investigations).
    However the scoundrel who cheated my son has a string of scammes behind him, mostly across Europe in the boat/yacht business. He owes sums probably into the millions. He and his brother go by a verity of names. It astounds me that this guy dosent make any attempt to hide and is allowed to dissolve companies and start new ones and seems invulnerable to the law. I know what happens Im late with a parking fine.

He still has stands at tech trade shows displaying the drone that my son built!

See some of his 'activities'.

http://keithburtonpaulgearyscam.blogspot.com/

http://keithgearyscammer.blogspot.com/

That email to my son was not what I would expect from a decent company's 'Head of Legal Affairs'. Its an illiterate rant. Had they attempted some explanation for the lack of results or some type of appeasement I may also have taken down the review and left it there, however the email confirms my suspicion that they are a bunch cowboys and I feel obliged go further with this, not least to protect others.

Strange they can leap instantly to action when their reputation is threatened yet have achieved zero against a man who has lied and cheated his way through life. Also they accuse me of hiding behind a keyboard. I used my full Google profile with photo and email address whereas all their 'good' reviews are from nicknames with no credibility or accountability.

Again, thanks for the advice so far. All advice welcome. I am considering my options to
    1. recover my sons money.
    2. to hold this recovery firm to account for their unprofessional attitude.

Comment

United Kingdom March 15 2019
      Why use a confidentiality clause?
      Confidentiality clauses (also referred to as Non-Disclosure Agreements or NDAs) are frequently included in settlement agreements and are often a crucial feature in the settlement of a claim. They can operate for the mutual benefit of both parties.
      Employees may consider that confidentiality is a price worth paying to avoid prolonged, uncertain and costly litigation and employers want to protect commercial interests and their reputation.

When should NDAs not be used?
      NDAs are not prohibited but they should not be used:
      • (a) As a means of preventing, or seeking to impede or deter a person from:
        • reporting misconduct to a regulator;
        • making a protected disclosure under the Public Interest Disclosure Act 1998 (any agreement that purports to prevent an individual from making a protected disclosure under whistleblowing legislation is void);
        • reporting an offence to a law enforcement agency such as the police;
        • co-operating with a criminal investigation or prosecution;
      Or
      • (b) As a means of improperly threatening litigation against, or otherwise seeking improperly to influence, an individual in order to prevent or deter or influence proper disclosure.
      New Consultation launched
      More........

https://www.lexology.com/library/det...0-2e68c3ddcdaa
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

The debt owed to your son that he has a ccj for is really separate issue from the NDA / defamation allegations of the debt collection company.

It doesn't look like the company the CCJ is against is bankrupt - nor the individual - although seems he uses different names etc so it likely would have been useful to keep relations vaguely good with the debt company to find out what the actual situation is - as recovery of your sons money is the priority. Is the judgment against the company or the individual ?

The debt company reputation is as it is and presumably that's why it was decided to use them over high court bailiffs. There isn't any reason why they'd treat clients any different to debtors - if you go to the bully boys you get bullies.

Blogging and reviewing and what not is just going to cause shit for you and your son and isn't going to get him any close to getting his money back.

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X