• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking county court claim form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking county court claim form

Hi there,
    The keeper received 2 PCNs on the 4th and the 11th October 2018 from Parking Enterprise Solutions and does not recall seeing any signage when first parking on the 4th, hence parking again on the 11th. The keeper ignored all correspondences from ZZPS and QDS Solicitors and then recieved a 'formal letter of claim persuant to pre action protocol for debt recovery' letter.
    The keeper requested information from EPS and QDS on who owned the land,(originally a free car park for a FE College), asking for a copy of the contract, cctv evidence proving the signage was there, on these specific dates and all on view correctly.
    The keeper received no information, with EPS saying 'We will not provide any copies of contracts as these are business sensitive information. All signage is approved by the British Parking Association.' and 'this is a 'breach of contract' with all correspondence to only go through QDS.

The signage to date, is now on full show in comparison to none witnessed when parked there.

The keeper also contacted POPLA but they advised that the keeper could not appeal due to passing the 28 day deadline.

The keeper received a County Court claim form (dated 08/03/19) with the total cost growing and amounting now to £449...

Having done some research, the keeper is sending off the 'acknowledgement of service' form (without choosing any options?) to delay the process.

Is this the correct procedure and where does the keeper go from here?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated
    Cheers

Last edited by calex1965; 18th March 2019, 00:06:AM.
    Tags: None

Hi & welcome.

Could you clarify?

Are you an employee of the college?

Were these windscreen notices to driver (NtD), &/or did you receive notification by post? (Notice(s) to Keeper...NtK)
    I'm guessing 'yes' to the former.
    Did you receive the latter?

Have you taken pics of the site signage?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi,
      Thanks for the reply.
      I work at the college part time.
      yes I recieved an Ntk.
      The keeper didnt take any pics of the signage at the time the car was parked there.

Comment

It might be worth checking if your contract of employment says anything about parking.

Could you post up a pic of the NTK? (Front & rear, redact personal info but leave times/dates visible, inc date of sending.)

When you get the chance, also pics of site signage.

Ps the driver parked there.

& have you tried to see whether the college will intervene on your behalf?
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Hi, thanks for the correspondence.
          To answer your questions-
          I only work one day a week at this college (on a zero hours contract)
          Apologies, but which Ntk document do you require?
          I will attempt to discuss in full with my manager at the college re intervention.
          Thanks

Comment

Btw there is now large, noticeable signage in the car park. However, this was not apparrnt when the driver parked there

Comment

Originally posted by calex1965 View Post
              Hi, thanks for the correspondence.
              To answer your questions-
              I only work one day a week at this college (on a zero hours contract)
              Apologies, but which Ntk document do you require?
              I will attempt to discuss in full with my manager at the college re intervention.
              Thanks
              THe first postal Notice to Keeper.
              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Btw there is now large, noticeable signage in the car park. However, this was not apparrnt when the driver parked there
                Can you get that in writing (ie email) from the college department responsible for such matters? (Exact dates would be good.)
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Ok thanks I'll chase it up. In the meantime I'll send my claim form to delay the process. Do you know what part of the 'acknowledgment of service' form should be filled in or omitted?
                  cheers

Comment

Ok thanks I'll chase it up. In the meantime I'll send my claim form to delay the process. Do you know what part of the 'acknowledgment of service' form should be filled in or omitted?
                    cheers
                    Tick 'defend all'

Do not contest jurisdiction.

Do not write anything in the 'defence' dialogue box.
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Thanks for your time

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X