• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can I appeal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I appeal?

I bought a car which was CAT D in July 2017. It turned out it was totally unroadworthy. Trading Standards took him to court where he pleaded guilty. He was fined £300 and to pay costs. Doncaster legal department forgot to ask for my money, so it went back to court last month and I was awarded £2950 which was the money I paid BUT he is to pay it at £10 per month. At that hearing his fined and all other costs were dropped, which I suppose I should be grateful for otherwise I would have to wait even longer.
    The thing that I need to know the answer too, is that apparently (I say apparently because Trading Standards have told me but it is not in a letter I have received from the court asking for my bank details) the court have said I am to give him the car back now! I can't get my head around it as knowing him he will try and put it back on the road when 2 assessors have said it should be scrapped. I was hoping for some compensation for the stress this has caused me and if I could get the scrap value of the car, that would help. So, can anyone advise if I can appeal against him having the car back? Thank you.
    Tags: None

Hi and welcome

As he has been ordered to repay the purchase price it would be normal for him to get back the vehicle.
    The court should have sent you a copy of the judgement, so ask for it to see exactly what it says.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X