• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tax credit overpayment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax credit overpayment

Hi

I have an over payment letter from tax credits. when I left my ex husband in 2008 around that time anyway we said we would pay half each which was around £900 each. I paid mine but have received letters from HMRC for an amount of £967
    it dates back to 2006 2007 and 2009 (3 separate amounts)
    Obviously me getting this bill means my ex has not paid his half but what I have noticed it's solely in my name as i always assumed it was in both names as each time they sent a reminder I wrote back explaining that i have paid my half etc ....
    Can they still chase this debt after such a longtime.

​​​​​​I don't even know where the error of over payment occurred. I didn't bother to fight it as I had such a tough time when we split up.

Any advice would really help me
    Should I write to them again or should I send a template letter I have I found on the internet about the limitations act?

Many thankd
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X