• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Worried and need advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worried and need advice

i found this forum whilst trying to find an answer to my daughters problem. She was taken to court in October 2017 saying she owed the claimants legal costs. She was in a franchise and left it after 19 months as per her agreement, which was dated 2015. She has never signed an agreement and when the claimant got solicitors involved he produced two different agreements both dated 2014. The claimant has been given all this time to produce the cost breakdown and the last order dated 24th January 2019 said that if not produced by 13th February 2019 then the case would be automatically struck out. My daughter checked with the court on Monday of this week and it has in fact been struck out.

Her concern now is that he has supplied via post a form N244 with the cost breakdown attached and she is presuming that he has also sent this to the court. Does this mean he can get this claim reinstated?
    if so, how does she fight this? Any advice would be greatly received. She had to dispense with her solicitor as the costs were in the thousands and she can’t afford it any more.
    Tags: None

Is his N244 application for relief from sanctions ( asking court to rescind the strike out due to his late compliance with the order? ) ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

No it isn’t, it is a notice of commencement of assessment of bill of costs. This is the same form he submitted in 2017.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X