• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

My ex is causing problems again!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My ex is causing problems again!

I have been having a lot of trouble with my ex for the past 13 years! I attended a hearing in October 2018 I was awarded £553.85 every four weeks. He has immediately come out of the woodwork and starts wanting to vary the order. I note from his paperwork that he has no intention of wanting to pay anything. His spending does not reflect somebody who is suffering hardship. He has submitted "invoices" for clothing one for last April and one for June and July totalling £304! According to the invoice the shipping date was 6-9 months after purchase! I checked this and found that shipping only takes 3-4 weeks. There is also a dental quote for implants totalling just over £2,000! As far as I can see none of his paperwork reflects somebody suffering from hardship. I feel he has inflated his situation to make it look like he has nothing. I need serious advice on this. There is yet another hearing on the 27th March. Any advice would be very welcome.

Rosie500
    Tags: None

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    I have been having a lot of trouble with my ex for the past 13 years! I attended a hearing in October 2018 I was awarded £553.85 every four weeks. He has immediately come out of the woodwork and starts wanting to vary the order. I note from his paperwork that he has no intention of wanting to pay anything. His spending does not reflect somebody who is suffering hardship. He has submitted "invoices" for clothing one for last April and one for June and July totalling £304! According to the invoice the shipping date was 6-9 months after purchase! I checked this and found that shipping only takes 3-4 weeks. There is also a dental quote for implants totalling just over £2,000! As far as I can see none of his paperwork reflects somebody suffering from hardship. I feel he has inflated his situation to make it look like he has nothing. I need serious advice on this. There is yet another hearing on the 27th March. Any advice would be very welcome.

Rosie500
    BUMP

Comment

Peridot

Comment

What is the award for ? Spousal Maintenance / Child Maintenance ? or for a debt owed ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi,

Once you are able to provide a bit more information as Amethyst has mentioned in post #4 we may be able to point you in the right direction.
          I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
            What is the award for ? Spousal Maintenance / Child Maintenance ? or for a debt owed ?
            The award is for pension sharing. This has been going on for 13 years now! I am rapidly becoming tired of all my ex's nonsense. Asi have already said there is a hearing on the 27th March. I sincerely hope this is the last time I have to attend court and listen to him whinging and whining!

Rosie500

Comment

Originally posted by Peridot View Post
              Hi,

Once you are able to provide a bit more information as Amethyst has mentioned in post #4 we may be able to point you in the right direction.
              Hi the award is for Pension Sharing. My ex and his former employers are claiming that he is below the Protected Earnings Rate. I feel he is pulling the strings here. I don't believe him when he says there is not enough money to deduct anything! I have paperwork I received from him about a couple of weeks ago which included three invoices which look fake to me not the sort of invoice you get from a retailer. They look to me like his present wife has typed them up. There have been five judges working on this. I will get back to you with a extract of the Court Order. It is quite clear to me from the paperwork he is trying to get out of paying. There are a lot of things that don't sit right with me. I will get back to you once I find the Court Order and give you an extract from it.

Rosie500

Comment

Hi again,
                pit may be worth having a word with the pensions advisory service here:- https://www.pensionsadvisoryservice....ension-sharing
                there is another thread on the forum in a similar situation who found them really helpful.
                I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Peridot View Post
                  Hi again,
                  pit may be worth having a word with the pensions advisory service here:- https://www.pensionsadvisoryservice....ension-sharing
                  there is another thread on the forum in a similar situation who found them really helpful.
                  Hi yes I will do that. Pension sharing is something he has to do whether he likes it or not. He is like a little boy in his pram having a tantrum because he can't get his own way. I think this time he has lied so much that he has lied himself into a corner he won't be able to get out of. The hearing is on Wednesday and I can't say I am looking forward to it having to sit and listen to him pleading poverty. I am just glad he is not in this country and that I don't have to look at his fizz face! I will let you know what the pensions advisory service say. Thanks

Rosie500

Comment

Originally posted by Rosie500 View Post

Hi yes I will do that. Pension sharing is something he has to do whether he likes it or not. He is like a little boy in his pram having a tantrum because he can't get his own way. I think this time he has lied so much that he has lied himself into a corner he won't be able to get out of. The hearing is on Wednesday and I can't say I am looking forward to it having to sit and listen to him pleading poverty. I am just glad he is not in this country and that I don't have to look at his fizz face! I will let you know what the pensions advisory service say. Thanks

Rosie500
                    Hi attended the hearing yesterday, my ex got a roasting from the Judge she said his application was without merit and that the Order would be staying as it is. The Judge also informed my ex that it is very unlikely that the Order will ever be changed. He was warned that if he applied to the Court in the future and it was without merit he would be held in contempt of court and also banned from ever making any further applications. I think I can safely say she sent him off with a flea in his ear. I am just glad it is all over and that I won't have to go back to Court. It has been a long battle on and off for 13 years!

Rosie500

Comment

That's great news, thanks for updating us.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X