• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Private Parking fine for parking in my allocated bay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private Parking fine for parking in my allocated bay

I was handed a PCN for parking my vehicle in my allocated bay in our new housing development. Details as below, on 11th June 2018 whist we were away on holidays a new parking managment company commenced parking managment in our development. When we returned we saw a PCN placed on our vehicle saying that there was no parking permit displayed.
    After checking our posts we found the permit and subsequently displayed it . I tried to reason out to the parking company that the car was parked in my allocated bay but since we were away from home when the permit arrived we could physically not have put the permit when the parking management commenced , however they have maintained their position about the fine which i refused to pay they have now sent letter of demand by the legal agents BW legal demanding payment otherwise the matter will be taken to court.I have maintained that 1)there has been no trespass as the bay is allocated to me 2) the PM company has not followed due procedure /information to the resident on details in advance and reasonable time 3) Self being the landlord /payee of maintainance of charges had not authorized the PM to engage on my behalf... the builders/service company had probably enagaged them. 4) The contractual terms were not made known to me since the car was parked before 11th and we had not had an opportunity to see the signs as we were away . I am still getting letters as such will appreiciate any advice on the next action i need to take I could not appeal to POPLA as 28 days elapsed after their rejection and frankly i was not aware as well that i had an alternate ombudsman to assist.
    Tags: None

All down to what you lease says or not says about parking.

Comment

Which private parking co. (PPC) is it?

paulajayne is quite right re the lease agreement.

But in the meantime, do you still have copies of the windscreen PCN & the follow-up postal one?
      If so, could you post them on here, front & back, redact personal identifiers, but leave dates & times visible.
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

And what do the signs say? A photo would help

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X