• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello from Jim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Jim

Good afternoon everyone - Hello from Essex!
    I have no adverse history on the 3 main CRA's and my banks are in fine fettle although I don't have any cash sums deposited with them.
    The problem is that I keep getting refused credit and can't understand why.
    Is there a service out there who I could send a statutory report to and get them to analyse it please?
    Thank you.

Jim
    Tags: None

The credit provider should explain why you've been turned down,
    This gives more info.
    https://www.money.co.uk/guides/what-...s-declined.htm

There's not a CCJ lurking in the background is there?
    Check here (Trust Online).
    Last edited by charitynjw; 4th March 2019, 02:35:AM.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi Jim. Sometimes if you have no credit history can have an adverse effect on your credit file.

Comment

Are there any companies or people who can look at my reports and give me a pointer as to what the problem may be?

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyboy1961 View Post
          Are there any companies or people who can look at my reports and give me a pointer as to what the problem may be?
          Trust Online should be able to inform you of possible CCJ(s).....see above link.

But there are loads of 'free credit check/advice' websites available....just google 'free credit check'.

I can't recommend any in particular, but an example would be https://www.stepchange.org/debt-info...edit-file.aspx
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

55663401-5C94-4B0D-8818-8AFEA14A2D24.png MSE credit club / Totally Money / Clearscore and to an extent, Noddle all give pretty good clues as to what any problem might be. I have a car insurance loan on one that doesn't show up on the others, and my water bill is listed on two but not another, so worth getting all 3 cra's data.

Making too many applications in a short time can be an issue, as can something in your application not matching the details the credit reference agencies have, any financial associations listed ( if they have a poor credit file that can affect things )

Screenshot from MSE Credit Club above - just gives some clues where to start looking

... of course all lenders have their own criteria so you may not have the relevant disposable income or as Charity says, just no credit history to speak of ....

There are companies that charge to look at your credit file ( credit repair) and suggest fixes but I wouldn't recommend them - they have less info than you do about yourself and their aim is to sell you stuff, remedies etc ... try the free credit report sites to get all three files ( Equifax/Experian/transunion - all three covered by those I mentioned above ) and ask any questions on anything that shows up.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X