• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Won! Claim struck out for parking charges :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Won! Claim struck out for parking charges :)

Just a quick update, I got sued by ES Parking for a parking charge and the judge struck out the claim on the basis of poor signage.
    Essentially he agreed I wasn't in breach of a contract, as I couldn't be reasonably expected to know I had entered into a contract due to the inadequate signage.

So, A big thanks to the guys for gave me the pointers on how to file the defence and successfully fight the claim.

Winner, winner Chicken dinner.
    Tags: None

Well done!

I'll give ostell a nudge
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

well done ! They can be beaten!

Comment

Thanks guys, in the end their case wasn't the best and they scored an own goal by presenting contradictory evidence.
        The case was put together by Gladstones who don't have the best rep.

The Judge also came across to me as a fair and switched on man too.

It was an interesting experience and I'm very pleased with the outcome.

Comment

Again, well done.

Did Gladrags send legal representation to the court?

If so, can you remember his/her name?
          & did they approach you beforehand in the waiting area?
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

The guy who attended was an employee of the company, and although I expected him to approach me he didn't and I didn't know who he was until
            we got into the courtroom. He was also presenting other cases for his company and it appeared the other defendants were no shows.

He looked stunned when the judge announced his verdict. I applied for expenses, however the judge said I would have to prove them and advised me to not
            bother as because I am self employed he stated it would be difficult, which i thought was fair advice and I was happy with the win. from stepping in to leaving the whole thing was only an hour.

I was left wondering how much Gladstones would have charged them to prepare the case.

Comment

Was he a tall(ish), elderly, white-hared chap.....well dressed & quietly spoken?

Btw, I found a pic of the sign on one of your other threads.
              (That one lurking behind a tree or bush.)
              Did the judge say anything about it being partially obscured as well?
              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

He wasn't although there was a dude fitting that description there and he was I think presenting a different case.

The Usher told me that 50% of defendants generally don't show up and defend themselves. I thought that was interesting.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X