• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Suing Tui

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suing Tui

Hi All

Just signed up and wondered if anyone has any experience of taking Tui to a small claims court. I have instructed a solicitor who stated we had good grounds but now after a year with no contact from Tui they have started to waver and said they will probably not carry on.
    It seems to me they just want to give up.
    The essence of The claim is that whilst on holiday in Lapland they did not ensure our safety when my wife had a crash on a sledge and almost broke her hand . The slope was dangerous no sign s and was advertised by tui in the hotel and then had no first Aider and forced my wife to sign a accident form whilst I was on the phone to the insurance co.
    We then had to make our own way in a taxi to a doctor on a 4 hour round trip

Any advise really appreciated
    Tags: None

Can you tell us what the reason is for your current solicitor faltering and wanting to discontinue the action against Tui? Is it simply due to the passage of time and Tui failing to engage?
    They say that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. That being the case then I have enough to be lethal.

Comment

Why don't you simply change solicitors?
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Sorry I have only just seen this reply a 18 months later

basically they ran it past a barrister who said the case would be 50/50 and a slight risk

Comment

So is your wife wishing to continue the case?
          If so what are you looking to recover?
          When did the incident occur?
          Did you not have Legal Expenses cover with your travel insurance?
          Is your wife prepared to continue with a court claim in a attempt to obtain some redress, in spite of a barrister putting the chances of a win at only 50/50?
          Your wife "almost broke her hand", so presumably badly bruised?
          You say it was a dangerous slope....is that your opinion or do you have independent proof ?
          Presumably your wife is an adult, so how was she coerced (forced in your terminology) into signing a form?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X