• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Challenging a will??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Challenging a will??

Hi everyone just need some info if anyone on here can help. My step grandad recently passed away 5 months ago he was my nan's husband ( my dad's mum) she passed away in 1997 and he was left the house which she partly owned and the mortgage was paid off upon her death due to insurance. My step grandad promised her on her death bed that my dad and my uncle( my dad's brother) that the house would be left to them if he died well my uncle has passed away so it's just my dad left and hes found out that he's not bin included in the will of my step grandad and he feels that the house should be his as it was his mother's and his father's money to purchase the house and we now know hes left is entire will to a man who is mate including large sums of money and the house which belonged to my nana and was In her name up untill she died...is there a case to be fought on the property?
    Tags: None

Hi,

Anything promised outside what is wrote down is generally not legally enforceable. Unfortunately as stated in previous case law, ''an Englishman still remains at liberty at his death to dispose of his own property in whatever way he pleases'', i understand this is not what you want to hear when you potentially want to 'challenge' the will.

Was your father and uncle financially dependent on your step grandad??
    Last edited by james_law; 26th February 2019, 18:01:PM.
    The information I supply is provided for informational purposes only and, should not be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Do you know anything about your nan's will ? Did she leave her half of the house to your step grandad or grant him a life interest or did it pass to him as they were joint beneficial tenants ?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

My nan never made a will he was legally next of kin so he automatically got the house put soley in his name and no my dad and uncle were not financially on him only when they were kids basically...he was a very funny man he got things in his head about my family thinking we didn't want bother with him when in fact his mate who we think they were in a relationship with stopped anyone going near him...ive found out today he changed his will 13 days before he passed so he's that on purpose stop my dad from benefiting from his mum's house.

Comment

We are going seek advice from a solicitor because he originally made a will few years which included my family to find out today he only changed 13 days before he passed is bit strange due the fact he was very ill with lung cancer and literally on his death bed.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X