• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Pcn in northern ireland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pcn in northern ireland

I'm confused with PCN in Northern Ireland, I've read different posts of pay & don't pay! We hire a vehicle and received a letter addressed to the vehicles registered keeper whuch he passed to us to pay the £60 charge. There are pictures attached of vehicle captured on ANPR which suggests the vehicle was parked in the car park over night but we have evidence it wasn't. We are a delivery service and nothing would be delivered if the vehicle parked in this car park over night and didn't move. Our drivers use this car park every day but only for a short time and we can prove he'd moved on from his hand hekd device as it has GPS built in, so we know their ANPR has missed an exit and re-entry the following day. The letter has details of the vehicle but not the driver and we have only a few days to pay or appeal but we're reluctant to pay because their information is wrong and we're reluctant to appeal because they rarely agree with customers and I've read dodgy reports of how the appeals board of directors are the same People as the parking companys solicitor and I've also read there is no appeals process for NI. I've also read the parking company cannot enforce these parking charges here in NI either, so you can see how I'm feeling confused. That said we did rung them saying they were wrong and we'd evidence and we wanted to speak with manager but they refused and said go through appeals process and hung up so their bad manners has made us more reluctant to pay the charge. Can you kindly advise if not paying the charge in northern Ireland will have any negative reprecautions for a small company in NI
    Tags: None

Excuse the poor spelling, it's been long day trying to get this matter resolved and predictive text doesn't always help!

Comment

In NI POFA does not apply so if they do not know the name of the driver then they can't claim from the keeper and they are lost. Just ignore.

What you have is a "Double Dip" error, in where 2 visits and only the first entrance and last exit are used. A well known problem with ANPR.

And don't phone them. They are recording and you may let slip something that identifies the keeper.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X