• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Claim for Vanquis Card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Claim for Vanquis Card

Lowell sent a letter "Notice of Claim Issue" dated 17/12/2108 for a Vanquis Card Account saying I owed £3500. I wrote back (Recorded Delivery) on 8 Jan 2019 saying I did not owe this debt and asked for copies of Agreement and Account details. Never heard anything more until last week when I received a Judgement for Claimant (in default) from Northampton Court Business Centre that I had not replied to the Claim Form so I had now to pay the claimant £100 per month. I tried to phone the Court to find out what it was about but always stuck in a long queue and gave up. On Saturday I received a letter from Lowell dated 9/2/19 (taken a week to arrive) that a CCJ had been entered against me. I never received anything previously from the court for this claim otherwise I would have defended it, especially when I had written Lowells saying I did not owe this money to Vanquis. Is there anything I can do or am I too late? I can not afford £100 a month
    Tags: None

It sounds like you will need to apply to set aside the judgment on the grounds you did not receive the claim form. I'm afraid you will need to persevere with contacting the court ( Northampton CCBC ) to ask for details of the claim and judgment. Certainly find out what address the claim was issued to.

Did you send a CCA request to Lowell as well as the reply form?

Did you send a SAR to Vanquis ? ( if not, then I'd get that sent now Subject Access Request Letter )

Some info on a set aside application here - Set Aside Application
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X