• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Primark and RLP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primark and RLP

So I was caught shop lifting in Primark (stupid I know as it’s already cheap and stealing is wrong I know and it will never happen again trust me) we were held in a room for 2 and a half hours and they took our driving licences and bags and nobody came in and said anything to us until my friend knocked on the door to ask to go to the bathroom as we’d been sat there for ages. This man came in and said will you be willing to pay and we said yes of course. Fast forward another half hour he came back and said get out I don’t want to see you here again. He gave us our licenses and shut the door and that was it. We never paid for anything and they took back the stuff we took (around £30) No police were involved and nothing about RLP was said however I’ve read that people get letters and I’ve read that they should be ignored. So I just wanted to ask;

1. How likely is it that I will receive a letter?
    2. Does anyone have any experience of ignoring them.
    3. If I ignore them I don’t want the risk of being taken to court, is that likely?
    4. Is there anything I can send back to stop them?
    Tags: None

Just to add I’m 17

Comment

1. You may receive a letter, you may not. Just ignore anyway
      2. Look around this forum for examples of people just ignoring them. Sample letters on the forum
      3. No risk of court as the police have not been called. The last time they tried court themselves they got spanked by the judge.
      4. Nothing you say or do will stop them. They will just be trying to scare you into paying an unjustified charge.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X