• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with Train4Jobs..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Train4Jobs..

Hi

So i also got duped by the Train4Jobs lot a few years back.
    My laon agreement is with CF4TS on the 10/6/16

missold -

the software was said to be state of the art, but didnt
    even work correctly and was of poor 3d quality.

Was told after a few months i would be at their training facility
    (wasnt told how far it was either) which i never got to after a year.
    i got past the first book was given a second after a month of already
    finishing the first. They even showed me a snazzy video with Tommy walsh
    praising the company. I

Health -

I had sevear depression and anxiety and was on very strong
    medication for it at the time. Was lead to believe this would be an easy
    step for me, as i was unfit for working or being able to get to
    colleges due to my health.

I was on ESA and housing benefit and they signed me up to pay £165
    a month for 43 payments equaling around £7145

After my first year i couldnt keep up with payments and my studies where
    bad due to my health. i wrote to them and tried to leave, they refused
    to even sign me off the course. So i stopped paying. Then they passed
    me on to DRS a devision of Ardent who are the ones dealing with the payments
    which i gave £20 a month which was ok.

Now as my card changed numbers and im in work they want at least £100
    a month from me which i do not want to be paying the thieves.

want to get rid of these people as i still owe £5000 and are dragging my
    health back down.

Any help is appreciated,
    Thanks

Attached Files
    Tags: None

Are Ardent making any threats of court action against you ?

Sadly, as you probably know, you signed up a month before they lost their authorisation from the FCA. You sound like you'd have good reason to ask for the course fees to be removed, it was unsuitable for you, and not to the standard you'd expected.Did you make any complaints in writing when things didn't work etc ?

Tommy Walsh advertises Crocodile garage doors now so that says a lot I think.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

They told me to speak to Step Change to get my finances in order and gave me a month. After that they will demand i pay them, no court threats as of yet

Ah.. so as im a month before mines still authorised then? Now im in a better state of mind, do you think i should start writing to train4jobs again? Im unsure what to do about it to be honest.

I did write to them at the time asking to be removed when i'd stopped paying, I dont tremember much of the proccess though, i think thats when they passed me over to ardent instead. I even sent back that piece of paper to drop off the course. They said no its past 14 days ect.

Comment

Also on the two copies of the CF4TS's contracts, one has a box scribbled out n ticked into staning order instead, where as the other is ticked in direct debit if that makes much odds...

Comment

Entirely up to you, if you think £20 is all you can afford and are happy to keep paying, then go to Stepchange and do your IE sheet so you can tell Ardent £20 is all they are getting until next August ( so another £280 odd )

CF4TS must write off any outstanding loans in existence on 31 August 2020 and notify in writing the customers whose loans have been written off of this action by 28 September 2020.
          Otherwise write to Train4Jobs detailing why you feel the course wasn't right, was missold, and that no affordability checks were done, you were on benefits and had mental health issues at the time, you didn't get the practical training etc etc and stop paying / ask for a refund - your risk there is that CF4TS will try to take it to court and you'll have to defend - they don't appear to report on your credit file at all but if they managed to get a CCJ it could affect you for 6 years credit risk wise.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Oh ok, so if i drag this out past august 2020 its gone? Awesome, where did you get that information from? curious is all. No wonder they where so adimant that i have to start big repayments back asap.

Hmm i will think on writing to them. They refused to cancel last time, maybe worth a shot again, with stating all of these issues together. As im not happy about paying, it just seems the only choice without balifs or what not

Also
            If i get to repay £20 and leave it till past august 2020, can i then demand a refund easier do you think? as there would be no risk of court by then due to it being written off.

My credits already ruined for 6 years due to a stundent over draft, so that wouldnt worry me.

Comment

Also just a heads up the man that was director of Carnegie consumer finance Craig Williams Murray who by the way was the finance group that got investigated on bbc watch dogs with skillstrain, also is the director of CF4TS and Caledonian consumer finance(who are now the finance company for Train4jobs) seems to me it’s just a never ending scam as one finance group gets investigated another one of his companies replaces it

Comment

Hi,

So i just got a letter through saying my debt has been brought out by caledonian consumer finance and not cancelled. Any advice on this? as i thought the debt had to be cancelled?

Comment

Hi guys,

So heres an update on the letter they sent me. Are Career finance 4 trades allowed to just sell the debt to Caledonian Consumer Finance?

I was in the mind that as Career finance 4 trades skills was going at the end of August so would the debt, but i guess life is never this simple.

Going to write a email to Caledonian Consumer Finance and ask them how this is allowed?
                  Unsure as what happend to this? -
                  "5. In the event that CF4TS has not notified the Authority by 5pm on 31 August 2020 in accordance with paragraph 4 above, CF4TS's permission for exercising/having the right to exercise the lender's rights and duties under a regulated credit agreement limited to where the agreement was entered into by the firm on or before 15 July 2016 and the firm's FCA authorisation status will be cancelled with immediate effect. CF4TS must write off any outstanding loans in existence on 31 August 2020 and notify in writing the customers whose loans have been written off of this action by 28 September 2020."
                  Last edited by Loz34; 15th September 2020, 18:28:PM.

Comment

Hi,

Just spoke on the phone to Caledonian Consumer finance and they said you have to keep paying regarless of when the loan was taken out.

"CF4TS must write off any outstanding loans in existence on 31 August 2020 and notify in writing the customers whose loans have been written off of this action by 28 September 2020."

Can i ask where this information was from as they outright refused it to be true. Would like to take further action.

Also on the phone the first time i rang one said it was the wrong company and the second said the name was changed as CF4TS just stoped trading they didn't lose a licence.. but my letter states it was 'brought' out.. seems they dont even know what they are doing.

Comment

All updates to my current situation are posted here - https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...t-licence-info

They have to terminate loans before 15th July 2016 but seems they aren't (not with mine anyway) they also cant pass it on to Caledonian Consumer Finance (also them)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X