• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Beneficiary and Witnesses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beneficiary and Witnesses

Hi all

Can anyone help?

A sole beneficiary instructed a solicitor to represent them in a despite Will. Those challenging the Will also instructed a solicitor. To gather all of the information the executor has been writing to both sets of solicitors. The beneficiary's solicitor was also instructed by the Witnmess, despite the objections of the executors. The beneficiary's solicitor then prepared affidavits for the two witnesses.

Since that time, the solicitor has written a few letters to the executor, who has not replied. Eventually the executor wrote to the solicitor to ask them to identify which of their clients were the letters from as the correspondence does not say. The solicitor feels the executor is being unreasonable and claims the intention is to help those challenging the Will. The executor states that unless the solicitor provides this information they will not respond to questions raised by the solicitor. E.g progress of probate, issues about Will challenge etc etc.

My question is:
    Can the solicitor represent the both the Witnesses and the Beneficiary?
    Does the executor have the right to insist the solicitor identify which of their clients are being represented by each of the letters they have written to him?
    is the executor showing a bias leaning towards helping those challenging the Will?
    Tags: None

Hi Earmuff1,

I've located your previous thread so recall the situation now. Did the issue with the witnesses of the Will's incorrect affidavit get sorted? Who is contesting the Will now? Has the executor not appointed solicitors (I assume not from your post but just checking)

It does sound like the executor is being obstructive but have they given no indication what their issue is having received affidavits (presuming the date issue was sorted)?

Has your solicitor provided any options for how to try and get things moving?

Does the executor believe they have a claim?
    I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X