• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bank smart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank smart

I have bank smart company worrying me sick .
    originally my ex must have signed to bank smart and they was sending forms to complete for both of us . Once my ex husband left I informed bank smart of this back in about 2012. They then opened me my own account up where I have filled out forms and returned to them. I had an issue a couple of years back where they was sending me £20 fees here and there so I told them I’d had enough of them working for me. With this they cancelled one of my claims and said it was the interest charges. By this I assumed they had taken the £20 fee back off. Instead the put a cancellation charge of £466 on to me when I never actually said the word cancel to them. I’ve been paying back at £19 a month for the last couple
    of years and today paid the final £71.50. The other day in my junk file I’ve received emails on both accounts asking for my credit files again. Not sure why the are still
    asking me for credit file from the joint account when the opened one up for me.. I’m worried sick as I don’t want to have any more work done all accounts are paid and settled. I’m scared they will say I’m breaching their agreement by not sending a credit file . I am actually abliged to do this or not. Please please help
    Tags: None

You're not obliged to no, and personally I wouldn't, but I understand how they operate and how intimidating they can be. Their credit file requests are to try and sign you up to more claims. You are not obliged to instruct them on further claims at all.

They've already had a cancellation fee out of you, so you probably want to have a look at everything from the beginning and get that money back from them. Do you have any idea what the odd £20 fees were for? Did you ever actually get any refunds of PPI / bank charges etc on any of the accounts either jointly with you husband or on your own accounts ?

Would you be able to copy and paste the email that they have sent you please so we can see what reply you can make.

Roll on August 2019 when PPI claims end, and April when the FCA take over regulation.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

.i received some ppi back from a couple of things but they joint account one was put in my new account which I had no luck with. The £20 fees are for statements from third party.im worries they still have both accounts open one in my old married name and one In my new name. Also in the terms and conditions it say the this agreement will end upon fees being paid but I’m unsure if it’s fees for the Loa or the agreement for there services.
      the mail is below . All I’m doing is crying it’s making me ill
      im hoping they don’t send me credit file things through the pay for both accounts to. I want to ignore them but scared.
      Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please sign and return the attached form(s) without delay so that you can obtain a copy of your own credit file. By providing a copy of your credit file to us you can reduce the risk of a number of issues that can cause delays to claims. Your file will also contain important information that can assist in completing forms throughout the claims process as well as ensure that settlements have been paid for all relevant accounts. It is important you complete the attached and return it to us quickly as this information only remains on your credit file for a limited amount of time.

Please return the form to us and not to Equifax directly. Once we have received your completed form we will send a pre-paid envelope to enable you to provide the credit file to us free of charge.

It is important that you send us a copy of your credit file once you have received it from Equifax.

If you prefer, you may obtain a copy of your credit file by going to www.bank-smart.co.uk/credit and print/post the file to us.

If you have any queries please contact us at support@bank-smart.co.uk

Regards,

Client Support Manager | Client Support Team
      Bank-Smart Processing Centre|www.bank-smart.co.uk

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      The information contained in this message may be CONFIDENTIAL and is intended for the addressee only. Any unauthorised use, dissemination of the information, or copying of this message is prohibited. If you are not the addressee, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete this message. Although this e-mail and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus, or other defect which might affect any computer or system into which they are received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that they are virus free and no responsibility is accepted by BankSmart for any loss or damage from receipt or use thereof. Please note that all e-mail messages are subject to interception for lawful business purposes. Any views expressed by the sender of this message are not necessarily those of Bank-Smart.

BankSmart is a trading name of Symmetric Systems Limited and registered in England and Wales under registered number 3822846.

Comment

Okay, please don't let them get to you, it's not worth it, honestly. ( if you have a copy of the form they included with that email could you upload it, or fwd it to me admin@legalbeagles.info )

For now this should assist;

Dear Bank Smart

Thank you for your email received on xx/01/2019.

I do not wish to provide you with further access to my credit file nor instruct you to investigate any further claims on my behalf. I do not believe there is any contractual requirement for me to do so. If you believe there is please inform me with a copy of the relevant terms agreed to. If you require specific information regarding accounts you are already instructed on please let me know.

I believe you are currently still investigating potential claims for missold PPI and bank charges that I have previously instructed you on. I would appreciate it if you could send me a full list of the status of all claims and accounts held with you in my name so that I may update my records accordingly.

For the avoidance of doubt, I am not cancelling any claim already being managed by BankSmart, I simply do not wish to further instruct you to make any additional claims.

Kind regards

Hales77
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I was going to ask them to justify the £20 fees but thought that might just make them more arsey... do you happen to have your original instructions/contract at all ? A SAR request (how they obtain the transaction lists and data of charges etc) was £10 up until last year, now it's free.

#staysafestayhome

Comment

There are no other open ppi showing on my account now
            I’ve screen shot all so these can’t be changed below is a copy of the form
            Equifax Statutory Credit Report Request
            DECLARATION
            I wish to apply to Equifax for a copy of my statutory credit report under the Data Protection Act 2018 Section 13 Signature: Date: / /
            YOUR PERSONAL DETAILS
            Title:
            Full forename:
            Middle name:
            Surname:
            Date of birth (DD/MM/YY)
            Telephone no (for contact about your request):
            Email address (for contact about your request):
            Other names you may be known as:
            YOUR CURRENT ADDRESS
            Number/Street:
            Address 2:
            Address 3:
            Town:
            County:
            Postcode:
            YOUR PREVIOUS ADDRESSES (those lived at in the last 6 years) We will only return data for the addresses you provide to us. By providing this information you are confirming you have lived at these addresses. Equifax may update your records to show a connection between these addresses in your name. These are known as address links.
            Previous Address 2
            Number/Street:
            Address 2:
            Address 3:
            Town:
            County:
            Postcode:
            Previous Address 1
            Number/Street:
            Address 2:
            Address 3:
            Town:
            County:
            Postcode:
            Previous Address 3
            Number/Street:
            Address 2:
            Address 3:
            Town:
            County:
            Postcode:
            Previous Address 4
            Number/Street:
            Address 2:
            Address 3:
            Town:
            County:
            Postcode:
            RETURN TO: Equifax Ltd, Customer Service Centre, PO Box 10036, Leicester, LE3 4FS Version 3 May 2018
            YOUR EQUIFAX CREDIT REPORT

Comment

I only have my agreement I sighed after getting remarried this time
              Attached Files

Comment

Well no £20 in there, presumably they were trying £10 for the SAR plus £10 collection fee on each for not being paid within 30 days of the invoice?

Standard Equifax statutory credit report request. If all the accounts you instructed them on are completed and you do not owe them any monies then you should be able to bring the relationship to an end - so maybe amend that example accordingly.

Can you post the screenshot of your account ( or email as it'll be a pest to redact your details off it ) - is it stuff like this on the online system ?
                2019_01_29_17_12_34_Action_Centre.png
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Will email them to you thanks for helping

Comment

Would you ignore it for now and see If I get letters through the post . Would they win in court if charges were added for not responding though. I can’t wait for April they hopefully won’t be able to run lol

Comment

Okay, on your account it seems that all claims are ended and there's no open claims. They charged you a cancellation charge for that FirstPlus claim, not sure why as they'd sent it to the Ombudsman ( presumably nothing came back from that after ). You only seem to have actually had one refund of sub £60 that they've had their commission on. You now owe them no money, and have no live claims with them. You are under no obligation to instruct them on any further claims. Not sure what you are concerned about on term 13 - it simply means, if they get a refund from a company for you, but you have outstanding invoices due to BankSmart, they can keep the money to pay the outstanding invoice, and their commission on that refund, and send you what's left.

You've screenshotted inside your account so have evidence as back up. I can't see anything in your terms saying that not giving them access to your credit file would be a breach of contract.

Entirely up to you if you want to keep putting their messages in the Junk box or reply to tell them you don't wish to instruct them on any further claims so have no requirement to send them your credit file. Personally I'd prefer to get a line drawn under it, but I understand they can find any excuse to come back at you. ( seems a shed load of stress for last 7 years for a 75% share of £58 lol ) If you ignore and then later get a letter in the post, reply to that ( come on here first though ).

This is from your account then: Is this everything you'd given them a letter of authority for ?
                      Invoices Due: None
                      Claim ID: xxxxx Lloyds Claim Created: 02/10/2012 xxx
                      Your claim has been cancelled, there is no further fee for this claim that has not already been invoiced.
                      x
                      Claim ID: xxxxxx First Plus 4522 (Default Charges) Claim Created: 18/02/2013
                      Your claim has now been closed. Thank you for using Bank-Smart.
                      Comments: Payment received with thanks. [29/01/2019]
                      x
                      Claim ID: xxxxxxx Halifax (Default Charges) 067-5 Claim Created: 18/02/2013
                      Your claim has now been closed. Thank you for using Bank-Smart.
                      Comments: Payment received with thanks. [14/09/2015]
                      Invoice held until 17/09/2015. [18/08/2015]
                      The Bank/Lender/Provider has agreed to refund settlement of £58.00 direct to the Client. We will invoice you shortly for our Commission. (Charges - xxxxxxx) [18/08/2015]
                      x
                      Claim ID: xxxxxx Norton Finance (FSCS) (PPI+) 4522 Claim Created: 09/05/2013
                      Your claim has been cancelled, there is no further fee for this claim that has not already been invoiced.
                      Comments: The FSCS has now reached a decision and has rejected the case. They will only now reconsider this case if you have any further evidence or comments; if so please provide this to us as soon as possible. [19/09/2018]
                      x
                      Claim ID: xxxxxxx Halifax (PPI CHECK) Claim Created: 22/07/2015
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Oh, and their sudden interest in everyone signing up to get credit reports is more than likely because they use an affiliate link - so basically they'll get an extra £5 each time someone signs up on Equifax ( as if you forget to cancel it you're in a subscription for £14.95 a month ) - On the positive side they do give quite good instructions HOW to cancel it, but I'd bet over 50% forget.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Not worried about anything in section 13 on the one I’ve sogned.just do t understand if where it’s says the agreement will finish once fees are paid . Does that mean the LOA agreement or the original signing of terms condition. Thanks for your help. If I need further assistance or get anything from them I will be straight back I really appreciate the help .

Comment

Oh I think the other ppi refund may have been on the joint account but nothing has been brought up about that account since they opened me a new one in my own name. Me and my ex split in 2007 an the out of the blue maybe 2009 I got a check for Lloyds tsb paid what I owed them . I’m sure we never signed anything together anyway as we had split. Because nothing has been done with that account after all these years could they actually do anything with it now anyway.

Comment

Just realised it’s section 14 lol silly me

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X