• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Subject Access Request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subject Access Request

Hi I sent a SAR mid December to the management co of our leasehold property, who is also my freeholder under two different Ltd COs. he has stated he has evidence as to "in his opinion why I will not be considered to become a member of the proposed" "Recognised Tenants Association". He has a few days left to respond.

However he has sent me a counter request below, I’m self employed individual I conduct most of my business on the phone or by meeting my tenant and others, I also don’t keep records for more than 6yrs. I have only corresponded with the Man co via email, if the matter concerned my tenant i have cc them in the email.
    I note he signed it under his personal name, not the usual LTD Co, but he is using the COs registered address, phone and email for my response. The only personal data i have is his name.

Anyone have any advice on how best to respond to the below.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"In consultation with the ICO please supply the data about me that I am entitled to under data protection law relating to:-

All emails, correspondence and records from yourself and between yourself and your tenants and any other third party from the inception of your lease dated 1990s

It may be helpful for you to know that data protection law requires you to respond to a request for data within one calendar month.

If you do not normally deal with these requests, please pass this letter to your Data Protection Officer, or relevant staff member. If you need advice on dealing with this request, the Information Commissioner’s Office can assist you. Its website is ico.org.uk or it can be contacted on 0303 123 1113."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope Iv made the above understandable

Thanks in anticipation
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X