• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Provident

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Provident

I have various loans with Provident over many years. 2 years ago i fell off a roof and broke both ankles.Provident was informed and they helped me with a reduced payment planwhilst i was off.I paid this regular.One day the agent said i was wasnt on the books anymore.Apparently i was presumed deceased by Provident.So after i contacted them telling them id risen from the grave they reinstated my accounts. BUT they failed to put the arrangement back into place. And they have logged missed payments with Experian/Equifax.My credit ratings went down to 1 at one stage.So my credit was unacceptable to anyone. As i found out when i tried to lease some equipment for my business.They have now offered me £100 off my bill. And still not rectified my credit ratings.Am i justified in suing them?
    Tags: None

Did the agent continue visiting despite your untimely demise?
    Was the arrangement originally made directly with the agent or with the office ?
    You mention it was an arrangement for a reduced plan while you were off work, are you back at work now and able to make the original contractual payments ?
    On what basis have they offered you £100 off your bill? Have they acknowledged at all the credit file issues ( in strict terms it should only be marked as an arrangement for the time when you were making the reduced payments, not as a missed payment - which would still affect your file but not as much - additionally it doesn't sound like from what you have said they defaulted the account, so it shouldn't have affected your credit file as much unless it was quite bad already ( which presumably is the case as you were using Provident in the first place ) ?
    I'd say make a formal complaint to Provident ( or refusing their resolution if that's what gave rise to the £100 offer) and then taking the complaint forward to the FOS.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

The arrangement was made ith a manager from the office who came down to visit me at my home.I had about 5 loans and the arrangement was i paid Xamount and they were to be split between the 5 loans.pro rata. i paid every week even when i was presumed dead to the agent who then logged it to Provident but she said there was no account.My credit file was never that low and i only used them as the banks dont really lend to small businesses. (Well not me) and i pay all my bills on time.
      After i complained to them and FCA they have been looking into iit Hence the £100 off my bill.I have 5 accounts on file and they have all been defaulted because they didnt reinstate the agreement we had. Thank you for your quick reply

Comment

Have you obtained a full breakdown of the payments received by Provident from them? a Subject Access Request should get all that information so you can see what happened and whether your agent actually made the arrangement she said she had with Provident. (Subject Access Request Letter)

Was it her that got the "I'm not dead" stuff sorted out or did you have to deal direct with the office ?

5 defaults would pretty much wreck anyones credit file and they will be on the credit file for 6 years from the default date.

If this £100 offer is in a letter in response to your complaint could you post a copy of such up, as it sounds like you will need to turn it down and take your complaint to the FOS, unless you already have and thats the final resolution offered by FOS ?

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X