• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ford complaint

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi yes i have told the finance house and they are going to look into this matter.The technician at Eltham told me the car would have left the ford factory with this fault. under the consumer rights act 2015 goods should be of satisfactory quality my car is filling up with rain water is that of satisfactory quality?the carpets are soaked the car smell damp my rights have been breached because the item they sold me is faulty. I'm hoping this falls within the remit of the ombudsman.

Comment

You are writing about this in the present tense. Surely, they have replaced the carpets as well as repairing the sun roof? Can you list the repairs they have carried out?

The Ombudsman website explains their code of practice. You should read that carefully, so you can phrase your complaint to fall within the code.

Comment

Looking back over this thread it seems that having discovered the fault the vehicle has been with Ford for repair since 17th December.
        Woodcroft38 is unhappy with this and wants a complete replacement

I doubt that he will obtain that outcome because:
        1) CRA2015 gives the supplier the right to attempt one repair
        2) Ombudsman will only recommend what he views as fair (which will most likely be repair)

As long as repair is satisfactory (includes carpets etc) ...............

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
          Looking back over this thread it seems that having discovered the fault the vehicle has been with Ford for repair since 17th December.
          Woodcroft38 is unhappy with this and wants a complete replacement

I doubt that he will obtain that outcome because:
          1) CRA2015 gives the supplier the right to attempt one repair
          2) Ombudsman will only recommend what he views as fair (which will most likely be repair)

As long as repair is satisfactory (includes carpets etc) ...............
          I totally agree, which is why I suggested getting an automotive engineer to make sure the repair is done incredibly thoroughly. So thoroughly that it may be cheaper for the retailer to offer a replacement car.

Comment

hi guys have been to a solicitor he said you don't go to court and ask for a car replacement because ford have broken the sale contract by supplying a car of unsatisfactory quality you should ask for a refund what do think?If i take car back after repair and it don't rain for a few months how long have i got before i can take car back to them ?.the Ombudsman is going to take 6 to 8 weeks to look at case. any ideas how i might be able to put some pressure on ford?
            regards woodcroft38

Comment

Post 2 said refund, and all along we have spoken about rejecting the vehicle
              2222 suggested it was unlikely that Ford would offer a replacement.

The CRA 2015 allows you to reject the vehicle if it is unsatisfactory.
              It gives the dealer the right to attempt one repair.
              If that is unsatisfactory you reject the vehicle
              They should refund your money less a deduction for usage

If you have reason to suspect the repair, check it yourself (hosepipe if it doesn't rain?) or employ an engineer

Comment

I'm sure that Ford will have stopped the sun roof leaking. The question is what else they have done. If they have just stood the car in a corner of the workshop until the carpet dried out, that's not a satisfactory repair in my opinion, but I'm not an automotive engineer.

The question is what parts should be replaced, and Woodcroft has not said what has been done. Arguably, you might find an engineer who specifies replacement of the following as a minimum:

All carpets
                Seats
                Electrics inside the car (none of which is meant to get wet)
                Seat belts and tensioners
                Airbags

Plus strip down roof lining, doors and dashboard to check for damage

If the list is extensive enough, it becomes cheaper for the dealer to buy the car in and give Woodcroft a partial refund, which is what he wants. What the dealer won't do is give him a brand new car in exchange for a six months old one.

Comment

Hi guys am waiting to hear back from Eltham manager he said he will look into this ? ford has offered some form of compensation don't know what could be a key ring. They have had car now since 17 dec ?what can i do before i get car back?.many thanks for your advice woodcroft.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X