• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Holidays

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holidays

Are employers allowed to ban holidays for December 11 month in advance just stating buisness on the form
    Tags: None

They are also banning holidays in February as well

Comment

yes if in contract, nothing new there as decades ago Xmas was busy time ( I use to have to go into a department store a large one in this country by the way on Xmas day to let in a Display manager as he was a jehovah witness and did not recognise xmas) but when it suited him he would take time off) and February was end of year stock take and accounting. we use to get banned due to summer holidays when it was the busiest time, ( mind you the takings then kept us in the job for the quieter winter months)

you want to live abroad whereby my brother in law works 7a.m. to 8 p..m. 7 days a week 364 days a year = take it or leave it, (the real non cotton wool world), problem there is everything needed is higher education achievements to get a good job even in retail

sure somebody will be along to answer your question

Comment

What does the clause in your contract state about taking holiday and whether there are specific times of the year when holiday will not be allowed? If this was not in your original contract has there been a written change of policy notified to all staff?
        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do not provide advice by PM although I may on occasion ask you to send me documents this way but any related advice will be provided back on your thread.

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
        If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X