• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi! Needing help with a Vodafone issue.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi! Needing help with a Vodafone issue.

Needing to know if Vodafone are in breach of their terms and conditions. An ongoing problem since September and all attempts to remedy this have failed. Please bear with me as this is a tad lengthy, but I feel you need to know everything up to today.

I sent to them, as requested, the required balances in PDF form of the bills I had paid from July. Whether they say they are valid or not at this point (they are saying they aren’t valid), is irrelevant as I believe Vodafone are in breach of contract.

My contract with them for my mobile phone (which is up in March 2019), has always been a steady payment. In July I took out another contract for my 11 year old son as he was starting high school that September (2018). When I took this contract out at their Vodafone Store, I asked them to put a data cap on his contract, limiting it to the agreed £25 per month, which meant with my contract included, I would then be paying £67 per month, give or take a few pence. I had my adult daughter with me and she was witness to me asking their staff THREE TIMES that the data cap was definitely in place. They assured me it was.

The first month was fine and I paid the bill. The second month I was hit with a huge bill, £78 over the £67 I pay. I called Vodafone, only to be told that my son had breached his data cap!! Impossible!!! After much wrangling and getting nowhere, if was finally escalated to their Customer Care Team who, after a month, eventually agreed to refund the money back to my bank account, my reasons for requesting that was due to me being on disability benefits and that £78 was almost a two week shopping bill for me. Because it took so long, I ended up having to beg and borrow money from my family. They were just going to add it to my next bill so leaving me to starve.

Once that was sorted out, I thought that would be the end of it and things would go back to normal, my paying the £67 per month. Sadly that wasn’t to be the case and things have now descended into what I can only say is farcical.

July’s bill was paid. August’s bill was a little lower but paid. September I get the huge bill due to the alleged data cap breach, which shouldn’t have happened but it did because their store staff didn’t put the data cap in place, despite assuring me three times that they had. The same month, £78 was refunded to me. November’s bill was paid. October’s bill is missing. I shall explain.

For some reason unbeknownst to myself, Vodafone took it upon themselves to credit my account, so paying my bill. Later that month, realising THEIR MISTAKE, they debit my account so generating an unpaid bill. I was not, at any point over October, notified about this. I thought I had paid it.

I pay November’s bill. Ten days later I start getting automated calls from Vodafone, asking me to contact them about an unpaid bill. I call them to ask them what all this is about as I have already paid the bill, and they then explain to me the above account of their mistake in October. I am at this point, required to pay this - now overdue - bill or they will suspend my service!!! Well I can only afford to pay one bill a month, and because I couldn’t rectify Vodafone’s mistake, I was penalised and my and my son’s mobile phone service was suspended!!!

My son and I were penalised for Vodafone’s mistake!! We suffered the consequences for a mistake not of our making!!!

I called back two days later and got to speak to someone who helped me. He acknowledged that this was Vodafone’s mistake. We came to arrangement for me to pay this outstanding bill. As compensation, £20 was knocked off the bill, and the remainder was spread out over the the next three bills, taking me up to February, putting the bills up to about £85 per month. Having reached this agreement, I end the call.

The next day I get a call from, I assume, one of their call centres in India, telling me that the advisor who spoke to me had made a mistake and hadn’t factored in line rental. I PAY THE LINE RENTAL AS PART OF MY CONTRACT, something, incidentally, no other mobile phone company charges. So she was trying to charge me TWICE!!!

Then to add insult to injury, Vodafone CANCEL MY DIRECT DEBIT, leaving me unable to pay any further bills!!!

Vodafone have cause me nothing but stress and distress over this continuing farcical saga. They left me, a severely disabled woman, unable to contact my carer and my support network. I have been giving nothing but the aforementioned stress, and misinformation on a continuing basis. I had been told by one of their advisors in November, that if I paid the outstanding £40 (which by some strange calculation escalated to more than four times that amount), I could come out of my contract early and switch to a SIM only deal. Apparently not according to the next advisor I spoke to.

Then there’s the fact that not one of my mobile phone bills has been correct. I am supposed to be paying just the £67, yet not one bill since all this farce started has been that amount! Yet despite all this, every bill bar October’s has been paid. Vodafone’s computer system generated the bills, I paid them. A computer system that gets it so catastrophically wrong that it causes problems. But then they made it my problem and I suffered the consequences.

Only when looking at my bills with my sister, do I discover why this latest bill is up at £186. Vodafone have took it upon themselves, again failing abysmally to notify me, that they have decided to take back the £78 refunded to me, again because of Vodafone’s mistake!! Not to mention there is a mystery £41 added in there and I have no idea where they pulled that figure from.

They cancel a direct debit, and then demand money citing consequences, having severed the means I, the bill payer, had to pay them. So they are now threatening to wrongfully terminate my and my son’s service again.

Can I now cancel my and my son’s contracts and face no charges over what they have done and how I have been treated?

Last edited by ShadowDancer; 30th December 2018, 14:42:PM. Reason: I wanted to add more information.
    Tags: None

Hi and welcome

Tagging Vodafone Company Rep for you.

These companies all have a "dedicated" team scouring the internet for posts like yours.
    It is amazing to me how so many companies can't add up and have absolutely no idea about good customer relationships.
    Must be the bean counters driving everything.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X