• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

If you've ignored an RLP fine PLEASE REPLY

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you've ignored an RLP fine PLEASE REPLY

I'm currently waiting in fear for my RLP letter with a 'fine' on after being caught shop lifting yesterday and all i've done for hours is read about people ignoring the scary RLP letters and debt collector letters, but i've never seen anyone post what happened after they did so
    i'm terrified that thats because they've been taken to court or sent to prison
    so CAN SOMEONE PLEASE reply to this if you've ignored the supposed letter fines and if anything happened, if they stopped or not, if you ever paid and if everything turned out fine from ignoring them
    it would take a lot of weight off my shoulders, because right now i'm getting insomnia and panic attacks just thinking about it, I cant close my eyes without having breakdown and I am terrified

(UK residents preferably)
    Tags: debt, fines, money, rlp

Hi and welcome and what a rotten Christmas you've given yourself.

If you look carefully on this site you will discover peeps who have come back after several months and state the letters have ended.

These letters are sent out so regularly that if the threats had been followed up, contrary to the advice here and every other site, we would have peeps coming back and saying "thanks so much for that S**t advice, I've now been ordered to pay hundreds of pounds"
    That has never happened.
    Nothing happens so there is nothing for peeps to report back.
    Unlikely that anyone who has been in your position is even reading your post, especially as it is Christmas.
    It just tapers off and you will realise it's months since you heard from the recovery company

Presumably England or Wales
    You don't say how much was involved or if the police were called.
    Assuming police weren't called there is no possibility of court as they will not be involved now.

Now ignore them and get on with your life
    Try and enjoy what is left of Christmas

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X