• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Plaintiffs Ability to choose court hearing Location?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plaintiffs Ability to choose court hearing Location?

I would appreciate the advice of this forum.

I am the Plaintiff in a case against another individual. I am claiming money from for unpaid work.
    I live on the South East coast of UK and the Defendant lives in Cornwall.
    I appreciate that under normal circumstances the Defendant chooses the Court hearing location However I am registered Disabled and can barely walk a few steps.
    Is it reasonable for me to request a hearing near to where I live or is the Defendants right absolute?

Help / advice much appreciated
    Tags: None

It's not absolute at all - when it comes to Directions Questionnaires you can put on the form which court is preferable and why.... also if the Defendant is a company then it normally goes to the individual party's court whether they are claimant or defendant. There may also be the option to request a telephone hearing, where one, or both, parties attend on a kind of live conference call with the Judge. You can also request that when it comes to your directions questionnaires ( they're issued after a defence has been filed and you've informed the court that you wish to proceed ).
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by andyb53 View Post
      I would appreciate the advice of this forum.

I am the Plaintiff in a case against another individual. I am claiming money from for unpaid work.
      I live on the South East coast of UK and the Defendant lives in Cornwall.
      I appreciate that under normal circumstances the Defendant chooses the Court hearing location However I am registered Disabled and can barely walk a few steps.
      Is it reasonable for me to request a hearing near to where I live or is the Defendants right absolute?

Help / advice much appreciated
      Thank you for your advice.
      I have completed the Questionnaire and put a covering letter in as well. The Defendant is an individual and has so far used every trick he can to avoid payment. I have even agreed to arbitration but I believe the Defendant has refused. I will not let this drop It has been allocated to the small claims procedure

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X