• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Premier Park LTD PCN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premier Park LTD PCN

Can anyone please offer some advise of best way for me to move forward.

We have today been made aware of a parking ticket that had been issued to our car. The problem is that the car is still registered to our old address (and in my wife maiden name) and so we were completely unaware of the ticket until the people who purchased our house posted them through the door 'as they looked important'. I am aware there lies our first mistake as we haven't changed the V5 over to the wife's new name and also the new address but sadly just lost track of time, had a baby etc. (moved out in March 18).

Ok so we have had a final reminder from Premier Park dated the 14th November 2018, this letter details we have missed the previous deadlines to pay £60 and then £100 and that the balance was £115. The letter says the initial letter was sent on the 14th September 2018 and that the parking offence date was 8th September 2018. The parking offence being 'whole period of parking not paid for'. (I assume the people who purchased our old house just binned the first 2 letters)

We are also in possession of a letter from DRP debt recovery plus dated the 30th November 2018 saying we now have to pay £160 but we would have to pay this by 14th December 2018, Obviously we didn't get this letter until 19th December when the new owners to our old address put them through our door. This letter goes on to say that if we do not pay it they will recommend that their client take court action against us. This letter is also addressed in my wife's maiden name and to our old address.

I tried calling the automated number to see what it said the balance was to pay the ticket and it says that the reference number on the letter appears to be invalid. I have tried inputting the parking charge notice number several times but keep being told its invalid. Unsure if this is an error, if its because its with debt collectors, going to court or if its just because they have squashed it.

I havent spoken to anyone yet at either Premier Parking or the debt collecting agency as really not sure what to do for the best. I am wondering if I send the V5 off now to get the address and name changed on it to the wife married name if this will all go away or make it worse. Do I make contact with one of the companies or just ignore it and pray to god they don't push for court proceedings? I mean had the people who purchased our house not posted the letters we would be completely unaware and if they did try to initiate court proceedings how could they without knowing where we live. The other thing is the company at this stage don't even know who was driving on the day in question so does that bare any relevance?

Any help/advice you can give me would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Tags: None

Don't speak to anyone, you could just let slip who was driving. DRP letters can be ignored, they are a debt collector and cannot do anything. If it goes to court they get nothing, not a good business model.

You should change the V5 anyway otherwise you could get a real fine but it won't make any difference.

Anyway, send the following to Premier

Dear Sirs,

I have just received the first communication from you about a Notice to Keeper xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx

You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to deliver the notice within the relevant period of 14 days as prescribed by section 9 (4) of the Act. You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

Any further communication with me on this matter, apart from confirmation of no further action and my details being removed from your records, will be considered vexatious and harassment. This includes communication from any Debt Collection companies you care to instruct.

Yours etc

This should just get them in conversation then send a SAR to Premier under separate cover or email to see what they actually have about the matter. Hopefully you will get the SAR response before they take any further action.

Comment

Thank you so much for getting back to me so promptly, cannot tell you how stressed we are (and this close to Christmas).

Ok so I will get the V5 sent off today to get the address changed and obviously get the name changed from my wife maiden name into her current married name.

With regards to the email I send to Premier, the paragraph mentioned about failing to deliver the notice within relevant period of 14 days confuses me as although we have only had the final letter and debt letter they could have sent the others but the people who purchased our house may of just put them in the bin, it is dated on the final reminder that the first letter was sent on the 14th September 2018 which is only 6 days after the alleged parking offence. Does this make a difference?

I am very easily confused, what is an SAR? Should this email just say something along the lines of, I have just been made aware of the ticket and would like to know what its current state of play is?

Apologies in advance as I really am knew to this. I am confident my wife would even mind paying the £60 to get it gone but the fact they have now ramped it up to £160 and in fact the debt collection companies deadline has now passed leaves us concerned as we have no idea where it currently sits.

Thanks in advance

Comment

SAR = Subject Access Request Letter
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X