• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Birmingham airport 100£ charge for stopping on the double red lines road

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birmingham airport 100£ charge for stopping on the double red lines road

Hi everyone,
    I am writing today because I am very disappointed about what happened to me just some few days ago and I need some good advice as well.
    I have only tried to reach to the "FREE drop off and pick-up" area of Birmingham Airport but I was not able to find the right way, because there was not shown any clear signal about this.

When I entered in the airport area, just at the beginning there was a roundabout, where there were showed other signals and just the direction for the "VIP drop off pick-up area ". So, confused I just turn around the roundabout more than once, trying to read all the information as quick as possible. Unable to find the information I needed, I have just turned left making a mistake and taking the road for the car park n.5. Confused, I have turned my car and tried to go back. Then I have just stopped my car for some few seconds or maybe minutes on the road with my four bright arrows turned on, checking the map of the airport on my phone. It was just in this moment that I have realized that the road had the double red lines on the margins. At the same moment, I also notice a very little and unreadable signal on the other side of the road.

So, I have moved out this road making again the roundabout to go there once again just for reading this signal. There was written that to stop your car there, was not allowed. So, stressed by the situation, I decided to go inside the car park n.5 and wait there for my passenger who was arrived in the main terminal. I paid 5.10£ for just some minutes..and after this, I have received at home a letter where I am informed that I have to pay an additional enforcement charge of £100. What you can suggest I can do to face out from this situation? Is there any possibility to appeal successfully and avoid to pay this extra charge? I paid a ticket to use their parking, there is no loss for them because I have not used the road to my business and I have not even caused traffic interruptions.

I am really disappointed by this situation. Many thanks to everyone who could help me.

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X